Wedding Photos 4-9-05

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Sharkbait, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

Just a couple of photos from the wedding I photographed this past weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not a big fan of the one with the dark faces...maybe if you would have gotten their profiles lit, though.

3. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    John,

Thanks for sharing more of your work. I really like the candle shot, the DOF is great! Critically, on the 1st it appears the highlights are blown on the side of their faces, which is a bit distracting. I agree with Corry on the 2nd, a full profile might have suited this one better to get a sillhouette. In the 3rd, I love the emotion that you captured in their faces, and maybe even a tight crop would suit that one even better. The blown highlights in her dress are a distracting though, perhaps having someone holding a diffuser on the side would be helpful (perfect job for an attendant :thumbsup: )

Question for you about post processing...do you adjust the saturation and contrast at all? If I remember correctly you're shooting with a 20D, right? I've found with both my 10 & 20D the colors are a bit flat and increasing the saturation to about +25 and messing with the contrast a bit gives them that extra "pop" and makes them look a lot better. Just a thought for you.

4. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Actually, I like the 2nd one from this lot. Its different!

But I do think it needs a lil fiddling with the shadows/highlights tool and the USM. Just wish you had some light from behind the couple.

Is this a reflection from a mirror by any chance?

5. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

These are all straight out of the camera, no post work at all other than a re-size and crop to 8x10 dimensions.

Ali, you asked about satuation. This wedding was shot for a company I do freelance stuff for, and they have me actually shooting with the lowest saturation my cameras will do. Personally I hate the look, but it's what they want in their lab, so :shrug:. :)