Wedding Photos 4-9-05

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
Just a couple of photos from the wedding I photographed this past weekend.

Phillips-Hull%20%2817%29.jpg

Phillips-Hull%20%2824%29.jpg

Phillips-Hull%20%288%29.jpg

Phillips-Hull%20%283%29.jpg

Not a big fan of the one with the dark faces...maybe if you would have gotten their profiles lit, though.

John,

Thanks for sharing more of your work. I really like the candle shot, the DOF is great! Critically, on the 1st it appears the highlights are blown on the side of their faces, which is a bit distracting. I agree with Corry on the 2nd, a full profile might have suited this one better to get a sillhouette. In the 3rd, I love the emotion that you captured in their faces, and maybe even a tight crop would suit that one even better. The blown highlights in her dress are a distracting though, perhaps having someone holding a diffuser on the side would be helpful (perfect job for an attendant :thumbsup: )

Question for you about post processing...do you adjust the saturation and contrast at all? If I remember correctly you're shooting with a 20D, right? I've found with both my 10 & 20D the colors are a bit flat and increasing the saturation to about +25 and messing with the contrast a bit gives them that extra "pop" and makes them look a lot better. Just a thought for you.

Actually, I like the 2nd one from this lot. Its different!

But I do think it needs a lil fiddling with the shadows/highlights tool and the USM. Just wish you had some light from behind the couple.

Is this a reflection from a mirror by any chance?

These are all straight out of the camera, no post work at all other than a re-size and crop to 8x10 dimensions.

Ali, you asked about satuation. This wedding was shot for a company I do freelance stuff for, and they have me actually shooting with the lowest saturation my cameras will do. Personally I hate the look, but it's what they want in their lab, so :shrug:. :)

Most reactions

Back