wedding photos... keep or junk?

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by Romphotog, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Romphotog

Romphotog TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Look at it this way, 50% of marriages end in divorce. Ok. Now you have 300+ photos + a video of a wedding. What do you do with them? So your husband leaves you for his blonde 23 year old secretary 5 years later and you have wedding photos of folks from _his_ side of the family, plus their mugs showing up in the video. Do you discard the photos? Do you mail them to your ex or his family?
    Why would anyone even keep photos of their wedding if the marriage is broken up? Who will ever again view the photos or video and why?
    Also, how many people keep in touch with so-called "friends" from the old hood they invite to their wedding? Most people move out of town and never see them agan.
    Also, unless there are photos of your departed grandma or grandpa or parents, or your sis who was eaten by a shark. Why keep in your wedding album photos of your drunk cousins, horny old uncle Moe who lives in the basement, or some "friend" who gave you a bounced check at the wedding and was never seen or heard from again?[believe me this has happened on more than a few occassions].

Granted, eventually everyone grows old and dies. Whomever was a 5 year old flower girl at a wedding back in 1925 is 90years old by now. It might be fun to look at grandma back then... once every 10 years or so. However, how long will this "fun" last? I mean by the time I am a grandpa, why would anyone look at _my_ grandma when she was 5?

I am sure no one will get together for Thanksgiving in the year 2025 and pass around photos of relatives taken 100 years before. Who cares the young ones will say, just pass my inheritence with the gravy & potatos.

2. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Your wedding photo's or someone elses? :D

3. gsgary

gsgary Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I had a big piss up and burnt mine on a fire in the back garden poured some vodka on to make sure it went up well :lol: best thing i ever did

4. IgsEMT

IgsEMT No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    YOU sound angry, wana talk about it ? :)

5. ghache

ghache TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    is he coming back?

6. matfoster

matfoster TPF Noob!

shoot JPEG... more frames per second.

7. Romphotog

Romphotog TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ברוך השם I aint going to any more weddings.
    No, it's not my wedding. I am just asking what people do with photos if marriage is over.

8. Just because a relationship ended doesn't mean the whole thing was a sham, or that the wedding wasn't an event worth remembering.

9. Mike_E

Mike_E No longer a newbie, moving up!

The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
    Photos OK to edit
    Separate out your family and his and then send him his.

Unless there is a child involved then you need to keep them all for the kid's sake (there will be a test later).

All in all, keep them; it never was about you anyway, it was about a dream and hope for a good future.

So long as you can take that next breath you can still hope and hold onto a dream (until a better one comes along ;)).

Good luck and I hope it works out for whomever or whatever has you down.

mike

10. gsgary

gsgary Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit

Mine was a sham and i don't remember it, total waste of time and money apart from 2 great kids, been with my partner now for 12 years never had an argument because i'm always right :lol: only joking, never been so happy

11. Romphotog

Romphotog TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ok, that's what I thought. Obviously, after a divorce, no one has a need to stare at the other's aunts, uncles, and cousins.

"All" is in pics of the father's entire family?
    Again, who cares if the child will never know the dad's sis or bro or mom?!
    He is the one who ran off with his sexretary.
    Pardon, what test?

ok, so the wife remarries but has to keep wedding photos of previous marriage because she dreamed and hoped for everlasting love? Me thinks not.
    Except, ifcourse it was a huge waste of $$$ for all concerned. The photog, dining hall, caterers, dresses, shoes, musicians, etc. man what a waste of hard earned dough.

It did not happend to me. I am just posting a question as to what people do in such a case. 50% divorce rate is a whole lot of wedding albums thrown in the trash.

12. jensgt

jensgt TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The kid might care. Just because "you" are bitter or whatever the dad did was wrong does not mean the kid won't care about his/her relatives. My parents never told me that my dad I grew up with wasn't my biological father until I was 25...6 months after my biological father had passed away (they did not know that). I never got to meet the guy. Apparently he was not the best guy but what the hell...I am half that guy. I got in touch with his ex wife and adopted daughter and was able to get about 10 pictures from them. Had she thrown them away because they were divorced, I would have nothing.

Your entire view on the thing sounds way too bitter to me. A marriage is a great event in life. If it wasn't you would not have had the pictures taken to begin with. If it ends in divorce its still a memory in your life, something that shaped who you are today...for better or worse. I still have pics of me and my ex...our house...our cars...**** I just hung out with him last weekend! And I have pics from my wedding that took place last September. Can't imagine ever getting rid of them.