Wedding Photos. Some CC please?

MrsMoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There wasnt much light to work with, and the rain held off for us to get some photos in the garden! :thumbup:
ANY tips would be appreciated! :mrgreen:

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

I like the idea of #1 i would have positioned them more to the right to get more of a frame wrapped around them with the wooden thing. wooden thing = can't remember what the hell its called lol.

#2 i like the comp in that shot. i'd play around with the coloring a little bit maybe b&w or focal b&w and keep the flower in color imo.

#3 i just don't like the shot at all sorry :( to much going on in my eyes i bounce all over the picture my eyes don't focus on the bride, I would have played with the wall behind her, put the bride against the wall and have a very nice background with a decent dof.

I like the idea of #1 i would have positioned them more to the right to get more of a frame wrapped around them with the wooden thing. wooden thing = can't remember what the hell its called lol.

#2 i like the comp in that shot. i'd play around with the coloring a little bit maybe b&w or focal b&w and keep the flower in color imo.

#3 i just don't like the shot at all sorry :( to much going on in my eyes i bounce all over the picture my eyes don't focus on the bride, I would have played with the wall behind her, put the bride against the wall and have a very nice background with a decent dof.

Me neither lol its a wooden garden thing!
#3 was while we were waiting to go into the registry office, so it was a spur of the moment thing!

A little fill flash would have benefitted all of these.

I only really had my pop-up, and I felt it was too harsh in most of the photos I used it with!

Here's two more for CC

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

and edited version of #2 lol im very picky about the little details like the wire on the right hand side, and the mans coat on the left hand side :)

retake.jpg

I think the main points with respect to the specific images have been covered, but your settings make NO sense to me. Shutter priority, 1/60 of a second and apertures between f18-20?

Why shutter priority, especially outside on a nice day?

WHY such a small aperture?

WHY only 1/60 of a second? Even a rapid hand-movement can blur at that speed.

2 and 3 seem a little soft to me. 2 also looks a little underexposed.

I only really had my pop-up, and I felt it was too harsh in most of the photos I used it with!
Go into the Flash menu, put the pop-in in manual mode, and turn the power level down. Start at about 1/16 power. Adjust to taste.

They are really soft to me as well. I don't see any that are sharp. Out of them all I like the one of the bride getting into the car. For the first group shot I think your aperature was to small. This sort of shot requires an f-stop of around 5.6-8.0.

Another thing I would watch out for are your backgrounds. It'll take some time to really get used to but when you look through the viewfinder look at the subject and ensure pose, clothes, shadows, etc. are ready to go. Then look past the subject and make sure the background is clear of any unecessary clutter.

Most reactions

Back