wedding photos

momofthing1and2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am not a professional but a friend got married and I was taking photo's just to get use to my camera and try some things.. just wondering what you all think...The sun was going down and I was even sure I would get any shots but I am pretty happy with the ones that I got.
Thanks in advance...

20081031-charianddrew261.jpg

TWO:
20081031-charianddrew1058205.jpg

The images are a little noisy, but at ISO 800, you're getting to the upper limit of the D40s useful range, however since you were shooting at 1/60 and nearly wide open, there was no getting around that. Otherwise the images are fine. Informal wedding shots rarely make the covers of magazines; you're happy, and as long as the couple is happy, that's what counts. Keep at it!

The images are a little noisy, but at ISO 800, you're getting to the upper limit of the D40s useful range, however since you were shooting at 1/60 and nearly wide open, there was no getting around that. Otherwise the images are fine. Informal wedding shots rarely make the covers of magazines; you're happy, and as long as the couple is happy, that's what counts. Keep at it!

Thanks so much! like I said the light was HORRIBLE!! I appreciate the input!

The first shot captures a moment nicely, and you probably did as well as you could with the available light without spending a couple hundred bucks on a speed light.

Not trying to be coy or insulting in any way, but what is the theme of the wedding? The groom appears to have a vampire cape on in the first shot, and the little boy in the second.

Last edited:
The first shot captures a moment nicely, and you probably did as well as you could with the available light without spending a couple hundred bucks on a speed light.

Not trying to be coy or insulting in any way, but what is the theme of the wedding? The groom appears to have a vampire cape on in the first shot, and the little boy in the second.

They had the wedding on halloween and did a phantom of the opera theme.

Is that guy wearing a cape?

The first one is out of focus slightly but the second one is not bad. But like you already said, would have been better with improved lighting.

all i think when i see pic one is "where ever I go I be poppin my collar, poppin poppin my collar, poppin poppin my collar"

HAHA! All of the guests were dressed up and most of them were wearing this type of cape!

Most reactions

Back