Wedding Photos

Holly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a few.. My first time trying to photograph a big event like this.. Tell me your thoughts.. :) Time of day .. started around 4:30 pm...

Before the Ceremony -

2006_1006_160649aa.jpg

The Ceremony -

2006_1006_162252aaa.jpg

wed1.jpg

2006_1006_163043aa.jpg

Moments after the ceremony -

2006_1006_163634aa.jpg

2006_1006_163635aa.jpg

2006_1006_172842aa.jpg

2006_1006_172209aa.jpg

Bride and Groom First Dance

2006_1006_175334aa.jpg

2006_1006_175353aa.jpg

Cake and wedding flowers

2006_1006_153828aaa.jpg

2006_1006_165715aa.jpg

2006_1006_165756aa.jpg

Thanks for Looking!!! :)

Wow, the groom looked so happy to be getting married!!! Ahhhh, that face will last their lifetime!!!! :)

Hi holly... congratulations on your 1st wedding.... hope it all went well...did you enjoy it?? (mine was certainly an experience with one VERY late bride!) Not all of the photos opened for me but what i saw looked nice... only thought was that the colour didn't seem to "pop" on my monitor.... kind of reminded me of the family portrait session you took where the colour was a bit flat and i think brittany (aka peanuts) edited it and it all brightened up?? Maybe this would work here?... Havent posted mine yet but probably will later on. Keen to hear how the day went for you! x jemma

Thanks!

Jemmy the wedding was great.. The groom was my brother so it wasnt like I didnt know anyone.. Which made it easier to just shoot pictures... :D I havent edited any of these yet... Will be doing that sooner or later... lol... Just wanted to get some posted for thoughts... Im sure my second wedding they will come out better.. More practice the better Ill get hehe..

Hey Holly,
Congrats on the first wedding photography. They can be a little scary. I have to agree with Jemmy on the colors on some of these...#2 in particular seems really flat and sort of dark to me. In #1 and 6, I would have stopped down the aperture so that everyone was more in focus instead of only the front person. The 1st dance shots look nice. I like that you were trying to be creative with the ring picture, but to be honest, this pose of the hands looks pretty vulgar to me! lol
The flower and cake shots are all nice as well! Good job:)

Thanks April! The cake and flowers were the easiest they werent moving ;) lol. I seem to do good with NON moving objects... Will certainly have to do this again for sure.. It was fun, but a little scary.. Now I pretty much have an idea as to what Ill be dealing with as far as brides/groom/brides maids and ushers/bestmen...

Lots of tips I received too so that is great... Next time Ill have to shoot on Auto instead of Manual.. My Auto shots came out better then the ones U see here because I didnt have to keep adjusting my camera.. .. Will be posting more soon :)

Hey Holly! I think that these have the same problems as those family portrait shots...your coloring still seems very cold. Your whites are very blue which is what gives these photos that cold feeling. They just need to be warmed up and given some color pop, and I think they will look completely different. I would be willing to give it a try again if you would like. I'm the one who edited your family portraits. Just let me know...it would be no problem!

-Crystal B.

O I dont mind.. Im beginning to get this feeling that I should NOT do photography for other people... I Just cant seem to get the nack I Guess... These were all done manual so maybe thats why... I Do have some I did in Auto... I think they came out better for me

My apologies Bowronfam... I remember now it was you who did those excellent edits!!!!!! sorry xox

And holly, dont be too hard on yourself... just give them a bit of photoshopping and show us what you've got!!! Bet they'll be great! xx

Here's one idea I had for an edit. I thought that this photo would love much more powerful in B&W. Just a simple B&W conversion and some sharpening on rings themselves. Also, I added a very slight amount of contrast and cropped it to make it a square crop, it just seemed off with the original crop.

http://

I LOVE the ring one... Awesome it looks great in Black and white!! Should have edited somebefore posting lmbo! The flowers looks fabulous too! WOw.. Im going to have to play with them all now.... Its not like she is purchasing mine so I have a while to work on them hehe..
Thanks hun!! :)

I agree with Jemmy. Don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone has to start somewhere. Just practice, practice, practice. And look at lots of images. You'll be suprised at how good you will get:)

One more thing, sometimes, if I see a really powerful image that strikes me, I'll try to concentrate and figure out exactly what it is about the image that I like. I think it helps to get that stuff in your head and hopefully you'll remember it when you edit in PS or when your out shooting.

Yes, I totally agree with what everyone here has already said. You do have talent for photography!! Please don't give up!! Maybe just spend a whole day playing around with different settings on your camera. For the past year I have spent quite a bit of time every day just looking around online for every bit of information I can read. I taught myself photoshop just from reading things online and playing around with it myself. Keep doin' it girl!!!

:heart:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back