Wedding Photos

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Holly, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Holly

Holly TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Just a few.. My first time trying to photograph a big event like this.. Tell me your thoughts.. :) Time of day .. started around 4:30 pm...

Before the Ceremony -

[​IMG]

The Ceremony -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moments after the ceremony -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bride and Groom First Dance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cake and wedding flowers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for Looking!!! :)

2. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wow, the groom looked so happy to be getting married!!! Ahhhh, that face will last their lifetime!!!! :)

3. jemmy

jemmy TPF Noob!

Hi holly... congratulations on your 1st wedding.... hope it all went well...did you enjoy it?? (mine was certainly an experience with one VERY late bride!) Not all of the photos opened for me but what i saw looked nice... only thought was that the colour didn't seem to "pop" on my monitor.... kind of reminded me of the family portrait session you took where the colour was a bit flat and i think brittany (aka peanuts) edited it and it all brightened up?? Maybe this would work here?... Havent posted mine yet but probably will later on. Keen to hear how the day went for you! x jemma

4. Holly

Holly TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks!

Jemmy the wedding was great.. The groom was my brother so it wasnt like I didnt know anyone.. Which made it easier to just shoot pictures... :D I havent edited any of these yet... Will be doing that sooner or later... lol... Just wanted to get some posted for thoughts... Im sure my second wedding they will come out better.. More practice the better Ill get hehe..

5. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hey Holly,
    Congrats on the first wedding photography. They can be a little scary. I have to agree with Jemmy on the colors on some of these...#2 in particular seems really flat and sort of dark to me. In #1 and 6, I would have stopped down the aperture so that everyone was more in focus instead of only the front person. The 1st dance shots look nice. I like that you were trying to be creative with the ring picture, but to be honest, this pose of the hands looks pretty vulgar to me! lol
    The flower and cake shots are all nice as well! Good job:)

6. Holly

Holly TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks April! The cake and flowers were the easiest they werent moving ;) lol. I seem to do good with NON moving objects... Will certainly have to do this again for sure.. It was fun, but a little scary.. Now I pretty much have an idea as to what Ill be dealing with as far as brides/groom/brides maids and ushers/bestmen...

Lots of tips I received too so that is great... Next time Ill have to shoot on Auto instead of Manual.. My Auto shots came out better then the ones U see here because I didnt have to keep adjusting my camera.. .. Will be posting more soon :)

7. bowronfam3

bowronfam3 TPF Noob!

Hey Holly! I think that these have the same problems as those family portrait shots...your coloring still seems very cold. Your whites are very blue which is what gives these photos that cold feeling. They just need to be warmed up and given some color pop, and I think they will look completely different. I would be willing to give it a try again if you would like. I'm the one who edited your family portraits. Just let me know...it would be no problem!

-Crystal B.

8. Holly

Holly TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    O I dont mind.. Im beginning to get this feeling that I should NOT do photography for other people... I Just cant seem to get the nack I Guess... These were all done manual so maybe thats why... I Do have some I did in Auto... I think they came out better for me

9. jemmy

jemmy TPF Noob!

My apologies Bowronfam... I remember now it was you who did those excellent edits!!!!!! sorry xox

And holly, dont be too hard on yourself... just give them a bit of photoshopping and show us what you've got!!! Bet they'll be great! xx

10. bowronfam3

bowronfam3 TPF Noob!

Here's one idea I had for an edit. I thought that this photo would love much more powerful in B&W. Just a simple B&W conversion and some sharpening on rings themselves. Also, I added a very slight amount of contrast and cropped it to make it a square crop, it just seemed off with the original crop.

http://[​IMG]

11. bowronfam3

bowronfam3 TPF Noob!

Here's another...

Maybe i'm just in a weird mood ;) ...but these are all looking better to me in B&W. Hmmm...

12. Holly

Holly TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I LOVE the ring one... Awesome it looks great in Black and white!! Should have edited somebefore posting lmbo! The flowers looks fabulous too! WOw.. Im going to have to play with them all now.... Its not like she is purchasing mine so I have a while to work on them hehe..
    Thanks hun!! :)