Wedding Pics

I dont know if it's my monitor thats making it look this way (no one else mentioned it), most of the B&W photos look like there is way too much contrast. the Blacks are very black. Especially in #9, you can't any texture on the guy's shirt.

Did you charge them $3,000 for these? (lol)

I like #7, of one of the bridesmaid's snapping a photo of the bride as she and a member of her wedding party make fish-lips kissy faces to one another. Kind of a neat behind the scenes moment from the wedding. Everybody involved will like the shot.

No way would I charge $3,000 for these. To be honest I charge about $100/hr with a three hour minimum for friends of friends.
And thanks for the comment too! ;-)

i agree 7 is a good shot. There are a lot of lens flare on 9. What can typically avoid those lens flare? Getting a good lens hood should do the trick right?

This is the only time I was looking for lens flare. You're are correct though, a decent lens hood would mitigate some of the lens flare. I had to lay on the ground to get this shot and am pretty happy with the result (speaking about #9)

What kind of lens did you use on the day?

do you think you could tell us the fstop :) I would really like to know how these pics turned out so great.

I'm on a different computer but I was shooting with both D90's and my Sigma 70-200 2.8 and 24-70 2.8-4.0. Most of the shots were taken with the 24-70 with an F-stop between 3.5-5.6 (this lens isn't really too sharp wide open. I know this is common among all lenses but even more evident with this one).

I dont know if it's my monitor thats making it look this way (no one else mentioned it), most of the B&W photos look like there is way too much contrast. the Blacks are very black. Especially in #9, you can't any texture on the guy's shirt.

Looking on this laptop they do seem too contrasty. While I do like a lot of contrast in my B&Ws I believe that my calibrated monitor at home shows hints of details in the blacks. It's something I'll double check though :thumbup:

Thanks again to everyone for your kind words and comments. I hate doing weddings and have turned down several opportunities over the past few weeks. I only do this for friends now. Too much work, stress, and pressure for me. I'm trying to start a small childrens photography business and spend most of my time pestering friends to let me take pictures of their kids for marketing purposes lol

love the three of them.

Of all the shots I didn't think the candid one would be the best. I guess that goes to show that posed pictures just aren't as fun to look at. At least mine anyway :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back