wedding pics.

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
these are straight out of camera, I only have my netbook with me at this time, but wanted to get quick opinions on lighting and such.

I was NOT the PAID wedding photographer, the bride is my mom, and she did not hire a photographer, many friends just took a bunch of casual pictures. I TOOK ALL OF THESE PICTURES!
33lgolv.jpg

mcsm08.jpg

dfvrpt.jpg

4r5ngo.jpg

Last edited:
1 - I dislike the plastic beer cup & children's pail being in the shot. The foliage coming from nowhere on the left side of the frame is bothersome in my opinion as well.

2 - Extremely slanted horizon. Boo!

3 - This is my favorite photo but I dislike your mom's arm being cut off. I'd like to see her whole arm. Not to mention the subjects are a little off center of the frame. The vegitation growing out of your head is a little unsettling.

4 - This is another nice photo but it's cropped a little tight. The lady's hand is cut a tad short in my opinion. Also, the youngest lad seems to be a little sand covered...

Over all I think they are nice photos for just a group of random people snapping here and there. Cheers!

Just my $0.02. Take it with a grain of salt - I am a nobody.
- Dan

1 - I dislike the plastic beer cup & children's pail being in the shot. The foliage coming from nowhere on the left side of the frame is bothersome in my opinion as well.

2 - Extremely slanted horizon. Boo!

3 - This is my favorite photo but I dislike your mom's arm being cut off. I'd like to see her whole arm. Not to mention the subjects are a little off center of the frame. The vegitation growing out of your head is a little unsettling.

4 - This is another nice photo but it's cropped a little tight. The lady's hand is cut a tad short in my opinion. Also, the youngest lad seems to be a little sand covered...

Over all I think they are nice photos for just a group of random people snapping here and there. Cheers!

Just my $0.02. Take it with a grain of salt - I am a nobody.
- Dan

Yes, I am going to get the cup out, but the pail doesnt bother me, all the kids got sand buckets and bubbles....

I am going to fix the horizon too.

The full pic, her arm is not cut off, i just did a quick crop there. The vegitation is the arch thingy covered with bamboo.

sand covered kid at a beach wedding...lol go figure!

yes I think you should recalibrate because they do not look the slightest bit sun burnt at all.

why arent they all looking at the camera. Another photographer ruined your photos OR you ruined someone else's photography :).

There was no photographer.

So when people started taking pictures, other people sort of just jumped in and started snapping too.

All of these photos I arranged and then some @#^% off came up with their cell phone or other point and shoot and started talking saying look over here.... arghhhhh!

But that is what my mom wanted, more candid shots, not anything arranged, it was very casual, I mean this is her 3rd marriage so.....

Casual photos or not, it's not proper to post photos that aren't yours. :thumbdown:

Edit: ababysean has cleared up the confusion over the, "I was NOT the photographer," line she originally posted.

She took the photos she posted, and so there has been no harm and no foul.

Last edited:
what are you talking about?

I took every single one of those pictures?

Where did I say that I didnt?

oh because I said I was NOT the photog? I meant I was not the hired photog, because I know I would be slammed up against the wall if I posted these pictures and people thought I was "The Wedding Photographer" of the day.

There was no hired photog. My mom did not want posey picutres, I was her only matron of honor, it was very casual.

I'm sorry if it read as if I was posting other pictures that other people took, I will say again

I TOOK ALL OF THE PICTURES I POSTED ABOVE.

So when people started taking pictures, other people sort of just jumped in and started snapping too.

All of these photos I arranged and then some @#^% off came up with their cell phone or other point and shoot and started talking saying look over here.... arghhhhh!

But that is what my mom wanted, more candid shots, not anything arranged, it was very casual, I mean this is her 3rd marriage so.....

I much prefer when the subjects aren't looking at the camera anyways

A little bright and not terribly artistic by and large, but really not bad at all.

I like the wispy stuff in #3 but the tree sticking out of his head is a little unfortunate.

Would be better if elder gentleman was looking at you in shot 1, but I realize you were not the primary. Having multiple cameras on-site is bad for these sorts of situations.

Mind you... I'm not telling you to go out and be a wedding photographer, but these are certainly better than my wife would have done had she grabbed my camera and started shooting, you know?

I much prefer when the subjects aren't looking at the camera anyways

True, but not half and half :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back