wedding pics.

haha yea, so question for the real wedding photog's of the group...

How do you get others NOT to jump behind/infront of you and start snapping the poses YOU set up?

I had my 35mm lens on, so I had to back way up for full body shots, so people all jumped infront of me, and then pushed me off to the side.

I did not say anything because I was just a snappy shooter too, but for the one like the older guy (groom) and my daughter (step grand child) I realy wanted that pic to come out and was so upset because some #$%^ jumped right over top and to the side of me and started saying ohhhhhh yea I have to get this picture too :grumpy:

Same with the bride and groom shot! had them all set up, under their alter of bamboo, backed up to get the full body, turned around and the same @#% camera phone @#$% jumped right up all in the picture!

I guess you take the shots before or after? But how do you do that when the ceremony is actually at the same location as the reception? This was on the beach, so they got married, and jumped right into the reception!

I think my only suggestion would have been to bring another lens so you wouldn't have to back way up. Wait.....35mm I wouldn't think you would have to back up. I think yours is a 1.5 crop so you were only just over 52mm. I dont know the setup though so if you say you had to back up, then I assume you would.

not back up real far, but further then anyone else.

I had another lens but I was too lazy (read didnt really care enough) to go walk back to the house to get it.

I think most people were just getting the face shots, I wanted the whole bamboo arch and their feet and her dress and such, so they would jump in between me and them, rude ass realtives! haha

Ohh they were realtives! Shove them out of the way next time then! lol

problem is, I didn't know most of them! I have a very disjumbled family, full of halves and steps, and out of towners, and other side of the family.... haha

I tell all my clients at consultation that family and friends are welcome to take photos but only after I have taken my shots first. I'm the one being paid to provide a service so if I see a lot of people grouping around me after I have arranged the bridal party, I make an announcement before shooting saying "if anyone is using flash on their cameras, please refrain from taking any photos until I have taken mine. Your flash will cause an interference, thanks!" positive reinforcement with a smile works wonders...

Most reactions

Back