Wedding Portrait C&C, please

taraj_00

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this a few months ago at a family member's wedding. I was not 'doing' the wedding, but considering the other photographer was the bride's sister with a point and shoot, I asked if I could get a few shots with my camera, and the bride didn't mind, so I did.

Just wondering about anyone's thoughts on this one. I was thinking of having it printed and framed for them... but was wanting some outside opinions.

Thanks!

4678989238_9ec5f76c62_b.jpg

Ooops, just went back in PSE and got rid of most of the wrinkles at the bottom of her dress. I love how I don't notice stuff til I get it uploaded in here... I have to learn to pay more attention!

did you do anything else pp?
It looks kind of dark for me, I like things very contrasty though, so

It's not looking to dark to me on my monitor, but here is a quick edit- a slight bump in brightness/contrast and after I tried to smooth out most of the dress bottom...

4679069736_2a5e0f4ce6_b.jpg

the edit is much better,i like.

I've looked at this a couple times and I keep wanting that tree on the left out. Im not sure but its bugging me lol. I think that the tree branch on top of the grooms head should be cloned out as well as the stray leaves.

I hope you don't mind, but I took a stab at editing. I am by no means a pro, and this edit is just my preference. :sexywink:

I started by cropping out the trees on the left and right, the branches above the grooms head, and the part of the dress that stuck out from behind his leg (it kept drawing my eye! haha!) Then I adjusted the levels and made it "warmer" overall. I then added a "soft glow" and cleaned up a few spots on the grooms suit that looked like lint or something.

I think there's still room for cleanup, but like I said, I'm no pro and am just learning how all these programs work! :blushing:

13zpi1i.jpg

Thanks for the input everyone :D I'm new to the editing too, so I don't even think about doing half of the stuff you guys are- I forget that it's possible LOL

The dress is blown out now
+1

That was something I was trying to be aware of while I was doing the edit for the OP. I have to admit, that aspect was a problem for me, and I still haven't figured it out.

To the OP - If I figure it out, I'll let you know!! :mrgreen:

The dress is blown out now
+1

That was something I was trying to be aware of while I was doing the edit for the OP. I have to admit, that aspect was a problem for me, and I still haven't figured it out.

To the OP - If I figure it out, I'll let you know!! :mrgreen:

There was a long pause between the time I started editing and pressed the Submit button :)
Your edit looks good.

Most reactions

Back