Wedding Shoot ::FacePalm::

Congrats! Now you have the fun of sorting through 900+ images. Glad to hear it went well, you may want to look into getting them printed from a professional lab (ie: Mpix or Bay photo). You definitely dont want to go to Wal-mart or Walgreens. I use Zenfolio which uses Mpix lab and have had very good luck with them.

First off, good on you for doing your best. I'm sure they will appreciate what you did. There is nothing harder than a wedding, and doing one when you have no real clue what you are doing is even harder.

I had a similar story to yours. I decided to get into photography in 2008, bought a Rebel XSI. Some friends where getting married, but it was a low cost thing and they didnt hire a photographer. The wedding was 4 days after I bought my camera. I wasn't a member on any website to ask questions, I had no prior experience with photography, so here I was shooting pictures at a wedding. I read the manual and found that the Landscape setting didn't popup the flash, so I used that when I didnt want the flash to pop... I was seriously clueless. Av? Tv? WTF... I shot over 800 images in the time I was there. They were totally excited with the pics. I look back at them and see sooooo many issues with them, but the point is that THEY were happy with them and I was happy I survived. There were a few in there that were not too shabby and they enlarged them and have them on their wall.

So now what do you do?

First round go through and delete the 100% crap ones...the ones that are blurry, out of focus, mistakes and so on.

Then go through and look over the multiple of each and chose the best one. The couple wouldnt need to have 20 versions of the same image where only the corner of her mouth slightly changes position.

Once you are done with the sorting and handing them over to the couple, seriously take a look at your images and YOU decide what you did wrong and what you would redo. Don't just post up here and ask for CC, but try and evaluate based on the situation you were in, what you could of done differently.

By all means post some up if you are stuck. And even post up the ones you thought were great (as having these torn up in CC is what will really help you).

But give yourself a pat on the back, you are still alive :)

can't wait to see them, I had the same deal but I have a little more time to prepare, august! My friend is just cheap, and can't afford a photographer. lol

So many photos... And multiples of almost most LOL ugh, where do I start!

I definetly delete the crappy ones right? I wouldn't want them...

And do I have to do PP on ALL of the pics??? Yikes!

Look up batch processing and actions in photoshop. You can program a set amount of adjustments to do the same exact thing on every photo you select for the batch.

she has 900 pictures to in through! I am sure she will get them up when she has time. I wouldn't say it's worthless. I think everyone is just anxious to see them.

I don't think it's worthless either, but those smilies are just so pushy! =P

Good job working under pressure. I'm joining the bandwagon of folks waiting to see the pics! I've got a courthouse wedding and in-home reception in July so I'd like to see your shots :)

First off, good on you for doing your best. I'm sure they will appreciate what you did. There is nothing harder than a wedding, and doing one when you have no real clue what you are doing is even harder.

I had a similar story to yours. I decided to get into photography in 2008, bought a Rebel XSI. Some friends where getting married, but it was a low cost thing and they didnt hire a photographer. The wedding was 4 days after I bought my camera. I wasn't a member on any website to ask questions, I had no prior experience with photography, so here I was shooting pictures at a wedding. I read the manual and found that the Landscape setting didn't popup the flash, so I used that when I didnt want the flash to pop... I was seriously clueless. Av? Tv? WTF... I shot over 800 images in the time I was there. They were totally excited with the pics. I look back at them and see sooooo many issues with them, but the point is that THEY were happy with them and I was happy I survived. There were a few in there that were not too shabby and they enlarged them and have them on their wall.

So now what do you do?

First round go through and delete the 100% crap ones...the ones that are blurry, out of focus, mistakes and so on.

Then go through and look over the multiple of each and chose the best one. The couple wouldnt need to have 20 versions of the same image where only the corner of her mouth slightly changes position.

Once you are done with the sorting and handing them over to the couple, seriously take a look at your images and YOU decide what you did wrong and what you would redo. Don't just post up here and ask for CC, but try and evaluate based on the situation you were in, what you could of done differently.

By all means post some up if you are stuck. And even post up the ones you thought were great (as having these torn up in CC is what will really help you).

But give yourself a pat on the back, you are still alive :)

wow, what an experience you Had...lol I would have died right then... :meh:Kudos to you! :thumbup:

I am going to post some pics.. then i am going to edit some pics... and edit some more... post some more..lol.. share.. get some good shredding on them ( although i know alot of where i went wrong, and considering the situation, and no stores here that carry equipment, nor having the money for them... i was in a bind--to say the least. ) So, with what i had...lol There not *TOO* bad, imo.

:addpics:

LOL! Im gettin' there... im gettin' there!:lmao::greenpbl:

Im a busy bee, haha. Just got home from class... taking a deep breath, then have to head to My pinning ceremony for nursing class.... THEN- balls to the wall editing :mrgreen: Im excited to see what i can do with them!

Good job working under pressure. I'm joining the bandwagon of folks waiting to see the pics! I've got a courthouse wedding and in-home reception in July so I'd like to see your shots :)

well this was a "one horse town, rinky-dink Mobile/module like church" SUPER tiny. and CLUTTERED like you wouldnd believe. so my PRE-wedding pictures SUCKED, imo. they wouldnt let us move anything. *smh* and She got ready in the bathroom---all of us in there, im taking pictures AND helping dress the bride.... vacuum's, towels, boxes, chairs everywhere.. Ugh. Was horrible.

Shxt Happens though i guess huh?lol

Congrats! Now you have the fun of sorting through 900+ images. Glad to hear it went well, you may want to look into getting them printed from a professional lab (ie: Mpix or Bay photo). You definitely dont want to go to Wal-mart or Walgreens. I use Zenfolio which uses Mpix lab and have had very good luck with them.
GooDTimes! LOL ... im dreading 900+ pics worth of editing.... butill start off and im sure itll get easier.

...oh, and i asked about the printing set ups. They just want me put them all on CDR's.... all edited and unedited...... mainly because it was a *free* shoot... and My friends mother "tipped" me some money...but i wasnt expected to print, however, i offered to get them in the right direction.

CDR's are ok for those right? wont loose the quality?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back