Wedding Shoot ::FacePalm::

Congrats! Now you have the fun of sorting through 900+ images. Glad to hear it went well, you may want to look into getting them printed from a professional lab (ie: Mpix or Bay photo). You definitely dont want to go to Wal-mart or Walgreens. I use Zenfolio which uses Mpix lab and have had very good luck with them.
GooDTimes! LOL ... im dreading 900+ pics worth of editing.... butill start off and im sure itll get easier.

...oh, and i asked about the printing set ups. They just want me put them all on CDR's.... all edited and unedited...... mainly because it was a *free* shoot... and My friends mother "tipped" me some money...but i wasnt expected to print, however, i offered to get them in the right direction.

CDR's are ok for those right? wont loose the quality?

They should be ok on cdr's! Just be carefull when editing the skin tones or colors in the images. In my experience when printed the colors may be off depending on where the image is printed. Try and talk them in to using a professional lab when thay want to print them. Oh take the free money and buy some more camera equipment for the next wedding!:lol: Glad to hear you had fun and got some good shots.

I turn images off on my phone so pages load faster, I saw a bunch under your post so I turned them on, selected high quality, and reloaded the page. Only to find, I love photo, and Nikon stamps! What a tease! lol

This is what a forum should always be. How wonderful you all are for your support and encouragement... It's been a joy to read!

I just came across this thread, and great job, PF! I am in a similar situation for a friend's wedding at the end of this month, but unlike you, I have a few more weeks of researching and learning. I'm feeling the pressure to produce awesomeness because both my friend and her man are professional photographers. gah! The photographer they first hired backed out, and another (her friend) had her equipment stolen. Fortunately, she will be at the wedding, and my friend, her new husband and the friend are letting me borrow their equipment.

"besides it will be good experience for you"...

That's what the recruiter tells you when you sign up for the US Army...

KAikens and Big Twinky echo my sentiments. Say a little prayer, take 10 deep breaths, and get out there are do your best. Your camera has an LCD screen on the back...after any critical sequence of shots, take a peek and make sure you are in the ballpark settings wise. What you need to guard against are sloooooow shutter speeds with combined flash exposures: in some of the programmed or scene modes, the shutter speed might dip down to slow speeds like 1/4 second....that can cause blurring from existing light, and then when the flash fires, it creates a sharp,crisp flash-lighted image which when combined with a slow shutter speed setting like 1/3,1/4,1/6 up to about 1/30 second, can cause a "ghost image". Good luck!

heh maybe I'm a bit biased but the military usually *IS* a great experience for people. It's a fantastic learning experience and can change lives in a very good way.

To the OP: I'd definitely recommend giving them CDs (or DVDs if you can) with the pictures, but then make sure to send them to Mpix.com so they can get some good prints if they want to.

I'd definitely recommend giving them CDs (or DVDs if you can) with the pictures, but then make sure to send them to Mpix.com so they can get some good prints if they want to.

I am, i wont mess with the printing at this point. Ill clean some of them up, and put them all ( probably about 7 or 800 when im done)... they get CD'rs.. I dont know if giving them a DVD would be good, not sure how computer literate they are.

and i WILL give them all the photo printing sites recommended. :mrgreen:

"besides it will be good experience for you"...

That's what the recruiter tells you when you sign up for the US Army...

heh maybe I'm a bit biased but the military usually *IS* a great experience for people. It's a fantastic learning experience and can change lives in a very good way.

:thumbup:
Agree 100%, my life would have been totally different if I didn't join. I wouldn't trade the experience, freindships, or places I got to visit and learn about for anything.

I'd definitely recommend giving them CDs (or DVDs if you can) with the pictures, but then make sure to send them to Mpix.com so they can get some good prints if they want to.

How about giving us one!!?? lol

This is what a forum should always be. How wonderful you all are for your support and encouragement... It's been a joy to read!

Definitely agree! :thumbup:

Me too! What a great thread!! I'm thoroughly enjoying this, and looking forward to seeing some pictures (when you get time). :)

:addpics:

LOL! Im gettin' there... im gettin' there!:lmao::greenpbl:

Im a busy bee, haha. Just got home from class... taking a deep breath, then have to head to My pinning ceremony for nursing class.... THEN- balls to the wall editing :mrgreen: Im excited to see what i can do with them!

Dont go overboard on the processing. Or if you do, really try and look at it with a critical eye. If you arent comfortable with post processing, people can easily make something nice look bad.

Sharpness here, slight saturation, maybe a black white conversion...

Most reactions

Back