Wedding Shots - C&C Please

emptypockets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken literally days after I got the Pany FZ 18 and PSE 6 program. The bride asked me to take some candids of her during the wedding, and these are the best of what I took. The lighting was terrible, but after seeing the pro's shots of the wedding, I think mine turned out better! BTW, the wreath held special meaning as it was in remembrance of one of the couple's deceased parents, so I kept it in as many shots as I could. Also, I added a canvas effect to shot #3. Let me know what you think!

jillps4.jpg

jillps5.jpg

jill2ps.jpg

jill1ps.jpg

jillwedding6_filtered.jpg

jillps3.jpg

on my computer, the suits are purple. are they supposed to be?

Are you adding the blur? It doesn't look natural.

on my computer, the suits are purple. are they supposed to be?

Hope it's just your monitor. They look black on mine. These were the first pics I edited with PSE 6, and it was a while back, so my editing skills weren't so good.

Are you adding the blur? It doesn't look natural.

I added a very small bit of blur on #2, 3 and 6. My camera was set to aperture mode on the others, so they're natural. I must say that when I got PSE 6, I was excited about the blur feature and probably overused it in the beginning. I hardly ever use it now.

Thanks and keep the comments coming!

Don't use selective color. The blur, it's a bit much... #1 would look fine black and white, without the blur.

Nice captures, but they seem a bit noisey...but that could just be from scanning them or the upload, I took a shot at removing some noise...wasn't high-res so I couldn't do to much.

jill2ps.jpg

Suits are purple here too...and I agree, I hate the blur.

#1 could have more contrast in the people. The colors look great in the Harpist shot.

Again, thanks for all the feedback. So, the general concensus is that the blur is overdone and most don't like the selective color. I can't imagine why the suits look purple...maybe it's MY monitor? As a point of reference, here's a non hi-res photo that was not edited in PS. You can see the lighting and color issues.

P1000212.jpg

I can't imagine why the suits look purple...maybe it's MY monitor?

I'm afraid the purple colouring (which I see, too) is due to the way you lightened the photos :( Some of that can be corrected in photoshop using the selective colouring slider (lower the purple levels, up the black). And these photos seem to be very noisy (except for the harp one... great capture, by the way!)

Here's my version of #4 (the background is now blown out, but the suits are black again hopefully):

WeddingEdit.jpg

I see black suits.

I like the edit that lockwood81 did to 3.

Most reactions

Back