Wedding Shots - C&C Please

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by ACrossley, May 18, 2009.

1. ACrossley

ACrossley TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi guys,
    This was one of my first weddings to shoot alone. These are some of my fav shots so far. I have just started processing work on these. Any feedback would be appreciated

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ~Stella~

~Stella~ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    1) She's looking to the right of the photo; I think the image would be better cropped so she was closer to the left side of the photo. To be honest, the pose doesn't do a lot for me, but I can't put my finger on why.

2) I like this one a lot. Great lighting, sweet concept. Very nice.

3) The setting has potential, but the dress is blown out and is very distracting. I'd probably clone out some of the less attractive manmade features in the background and just make it cleaner. Is that a minivan back there? If you overdid the dress brightening in post-processing, maybe revert to the original and see if you can brighten everything but the dress to keep the details.

4) Her face needs brightening around the eyes - a reflector may have helped there. Whatever plastic thing she is standing next to is unfortunate...maybe blur it? She's got a fantastic smile and if her shoulder was back a little, her pose would have looked really nice. Consider lightening her neck wrinkles, too...that's not super flattering.

Very pretty girl; I think with a little more work these will turn out well. Congratulations on your first solo flight.

3. ACrossley

ACrossley TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the awesome feedback!! Totally helpful.

#3 - No minivan ... the gazebo may have an illusion effect??
    #4 - I need to work on the shadowing ... what plastic object do you see? I don't know if I am missing it or what?

Thanks again!!

4. ~Stella~

~Stella~ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #4 - the background itself...like a plastic tarp? Or maybe a curtain, but it looks like a plastic tarp on this size...maybe it looks better with a bigger image.

#3 - now that I look closer I see that it is just a gazebo. But squint - you'll see a minivan. How odd is that?

5. ACrossley

ACrossley TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I know! I saw the mini-van illusion, too! The way this venue is, I knew there was no way a car was back there.

#4 - She is next to a wooden red building - like a shed. Does it have a plastic look to it? Maybe the contrasting?

6. ~Stella~

~Stella~ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It looks a lot like a plastic tarp to me, but get another opinion - I'm old and half blind, apparently! ;)

7. AUZambo

AUZambo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think they're pretty great shots. I agree with Stella about #1 - maybe crop it so she's closer to the left side of the shot. Also, the flash shadow is distracting me. Was bouncing the flash possible there?