wedding shots

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by mysteryscribe, Dec 6, 2006.

1. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I saw the adv for a guy who will sell you a book on which shots to shoot at a wedding. I thought maybe we should do our own. So it is my request that everyone contribute one idea at a time. Shots that you have made or seen from a wedding that you like. Since the I started this I get to go first..

Oldie but goodie..... Bride diagonal to a stained glass window looking down into her bouquet in golden light.... I know old and trite but hey they get to be a cliche for a reason.

2. skyonfire

skyonfire TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    another is the close up of the hands/rings with the bouquet in the background

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    How about examples?...or links to examples, if you don't have your own.

I like to get a shot of the back of the Bride's dress with the groom's hand & ring. Example coming later.

4. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have three file cabinets full of negs it would take me a year to find anything but if you have them handy it might be a good idea.

Also someone has to eventually be mundane and list the families and groups as well nothing artistic about that but it pretty much has to be done. Probably should back up and go in order, If it's really going to be useful.
    Since I usually arrive at the church an hour early my first shot was usually the outside of the church. There that's a start for the beginning......

Of course no one ever bought one of them but heck it was nice to have it first in the proof book. Sometimes you shoot for the show not the dough...

5. ladyphotog

ladyphotog TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Full length of the bride and her dress.

[​IMG]

6. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    and the ever popular soft focus bride at the alter with bouquet. Shot through a plastic bag...

[​IMG]

7. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Before the ceremony starts

Since I am an old time photographer I shot all my groups between the wedding and the reception. Most people these days do at least some before the wedding. I ALWAYS had bad experiences trying to do that. However that is just me.

So Im there an hour before the ceremony. Why you ask? Well I'm terrified of flat tires. traffic tickets, accidents, I would rather be there with a cup of cold coffee on time, than be late for any reason. Oh yeah, I once went to the wrong church in wrong town and still made it back to the right church in time. Just in time but in time.

Okay so I shot a picture of the church while I waited.

My real work begins when the bride arrives with her hair in curlers and carrying her dress. I shoot her and whoever is with her coming into the church if I can. Same with the groome...

After that it is look for cute kids or great looking women until the bride and or groome is ready. I shoot a picture in the mens dressing room if I have time to kill. Then I try to shoot the groom and best man shaking hands. And looking at their watches... Yeah i know cornie but hey I'm old.

The bride dressing in the dressing room as many as I find interesting. Her looking in the mirror at herself. These days you can do the mirror image in her gown and her still in her jeans looking into it. I like that but I never made one.

I always tried to get a shot of the bride and her mother in the dressing room. Mom adjusting the veil even if i had to pose it and I usually did. Dad putting the penny in the shoe is a nice old time touch. Made of honor or someother FEMALE putting the garter on her. If I left anything out someone stick it in here.

Or if you just do it differently...

8. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Is this thread just not worth the effort lol..

[​IMG]

Father of the groom and groom best man kinda thing. Sorry about the colors just a quick scan

9. skyonfire

skyonfire TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    No it's worth it.. Just trying to find the pics to scan and post.

10. DocFrankenstein

DocFrankenstein Clinically Insane?

LOL

You think that plastic bag was a bit green?

11. ladyphotog

ladyphotog TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Got to have the bride and groom in front of the church or place where they are got married.

[​IMG]

12. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    the bag wasn't green the scan was. I had to reinstall the scanner and I haven't learned to adjust the color that well yet. If i remember for about twenty years ago that whole set was fine. They are going to look pretty awful but at lest you can get some idea.

Lady P... I always did mine at the alter for that reason. My son in law likes to the do them outside but never puts the church in the background. Its a little too subtle for him yet I think.

very nice shot by the way...