Wedding Shower

Heather Koch

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have been approached to do my cousins wedding shower. My aunt wants me to get back with her with my price.

I have no idea where to start...

I've never really done a wedding shower before, though I helped out with my other cousins. I shot the bride to be opening up all her gifts and that was it.

Any suggestions on price points? Also what are some key factors I will have to be prepared for when shooting this?

Thanks!!!

Is this something you really want to charge for? That is, these aren't likely to be 'remember for the rest of our lives' moments for the couple, and aren't likely to require a huge amount of work. If this were the actual wedding, it would be different (depending on your family dynamic), but for something like this, I'd file it under 'being part of the family'.

Is this something you really want to charge for? That is, these aren't likely to be 'remember for the rest of our lives' moments for the couple, and aren't likely to require a huge amount of work. If this were the actual wedding, it would be different (depending on your family dynamic), but for something like this, I'd file it under 'being part of the family'.

Thats kind of what I was thinking! But wasn't sure if people paid for shower shots... Thank you!

Alright cool, yeah when she texted me I wasn't sure what to say because I didn't know people paid for that... I will definitely just do it as a favor! :)

Any suggestions on photo size/quality? I usually shoot in RAW, but for this event just do JPEG and throw them on a disk drive or card?

If it were me, I would shoot Raw just so I have all the information. I would do quick edits to make them as uniform as I can and then I would crop and export the files to jpeg. I would crop and save them to where an 8x10 would be the biggest file that would print with them.

I would make the assumption that if they were printed it probably wouldn't be any bigger than 5x7 (probably 4x6).

Okay, thank you! :)

I'm also assuming the 17-70mm will be the best bet?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back