Wedding snapshots

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was at a wedding yesterday. LOVE the 50mm 1.4! Here are some of my fav. Yes, there are hotspots here and there :(.
Was shocked to notice that while I was taking this series, the professional photographer who was hired for the event was sitting idle, chatting away with his assistant!
Comments and suggestions always welcome :)

IMG_2992bw-vi.jpg

IMG_2991bw-vi.jpg

IMG_3030-vi.jpg

IMG_3032-vi.jpg

CRW_2916-vi.jpg

CRW_2922-vi.jpg

IMG_3010-vi.jpg

IMG_3053-vi.jpg

Some good shots here. Looks like ya had some harsh/difficult lighting in some of those black and white ones. The little girl in the first one is cute!

you should now kick his a** for wasting time! Weddings are so beautiful, so lovely moments to catch that you cannot miss even a simple kiss!

I don't know if we should bash him. Maybe the 'photo essay' part was not in his contract. Him and his team used a Bronica, Hassleblad, the Fuji DSLR.

yeah... best not to bash the photographer... as a wedding photographer, i often take somewhere around 600 pictures during the day... but i also do have some time to sit down. (its interesting how people often only notice the photographer when they're NOT taking pictures.) remember that for many photographers its a full 8 hour day... (for me often 10)... so if they have a chance to sit down for a minute or 2... good for them!

Oh no, I did not want this to be a 'wedding photographer bashing session'! Was just noting the observation that I made.

Peace :)

i know it wasn't supposed to be a bashing session... its just an attitude i constantly deal with.

If i'm hired for an event... i shoot all day, and then for the hour or two that guests or "other photographers" are around... i get the "sheesh why aren't YOU shooting right this second" look... well... maybe i already have 25 pictures of the bride and groom kissing during the reception... and don't really need another one.

People who have never done it should never presume that the photographer is "idly chatting" or "wasting time".

Not trying to be a brat... i'm sure you didn't really mean anything by it... just venting at the world

hahahahaha

*hug*

green,

I was not looking at this issue from a client's point of view that the photographer was sitting idle. I was shocked and worried to see that he was losing many awesome photo moments (not just the kissing newlyweds!). That was what worried me. I was not at all coming from the "business" point of view as you might think. Hense, I think you have misunderstood my "attitude".

Have a great evening green and I apologize for hurting you with my words, eventhough it was not the slightest of my intention!

its the same attitude though...

weddings have "moments" the whole time... and if the general presumption is that a wedding photographer can catch every one, they will never live up to it.

I'm not really upset... who knows... the hired photographer may NOT have cared... there are plenty out there that don't really... i've just had experiences like that where people with cameras show up and presume that the "hired photographer" is lazy or doesn't care, when they don't see the hours of work and the hundreds of photos already taken.

i don't mean to jump at you... it just sometimes bugs me that the only time people seem to notice the good photographers is when they're NOT taking pictures.

no hard feelings

*shakes hands*

Thanks Lula :)

green said:
its the same attitude though...

weddings have "moments" the whole time... and if the general presumption is that a wedding photographer can catch every one, they will never live up to it.

I'm not really upset... who knows... the hired photographer may NOT have cared... there are plenty out there that don't really... i've just had experiences like that where people with cameras show up and presume that the "hired photographer" is lazy or doesn't care, when they don't see the hours of work and the hundreds of photos already taken.

i don't mean to jump at you... it just sometimes bugs me that the only time people seem to notice the good photographers is when they're NOT taking pictures.

no hard feelings

*shakes hands*

Green, you are generalizing. I did not presume anything. I know the dude personally. We did talk for a bit. I even took his pictures. I saw him hard at work, but at the same time I noticed him missing couple of moments that Bambi Cantrell would not miss. And I was not stating that in a negative note. But you took this personally as an attack to all the wedding photographers. Note that I did not generalize when I made my observation.

I certainly do not have the time and inclination for this unexpected/unintended warfare. Hope you have vented your feelings and hope all is well!

i don't know why you think this is warfare. theres nothing wrong with healthy discussion. :wink: i'm not upset... are you? thats the drawback of the written word... no tone of voice.

i don't even seem to recall saying anything negative about what you said. in fact... if you read back... i was agreeing with you :p

green said:
i don't know why you think this is warfare. theres nothing wrong with healthy discussion. :wink: i'm not upset... are you? thats the drawback of the written word... no tone of voice.

i don't even seem to recall saying anything negative about what you said. in fact... if you read back... i was agreeing with you :p
True, lack of tone in the electronic medium is hard at times.
Am I upset?? Nope! I was merely surprised at the stray arrow and did not want this lead to a warfare for reasons that I'm not aware of till now :D.
Good to know you are healthy. Me healthy here ;)
Have a good one Green!

PS: We should have an emoticon for PHEW! :D

Most reactions

Back