Wedding..

blowjustinup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First time really shooting anything like this.. Normally I just use my camera for pictures of cars and whatnot. This was my cousin's wedding so I wasn't hired and paid for this..

Let me know what you think, check out the entire set here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/j...5846/

Individual photo comments are appreciated.

Here's a few..

2955985114_bce3ef354e.jpg

2955974124_e5a720a389.jpg

2955157507_2dfa038681.jpg

2955120397_db6a4f65e8.jpg

Under the circumstances (Judging by the light, the sun was fairly high) you did quite well. Good DoF, nicely focused main subjects. (What the heck is the guy in #3 planning to bounce his flash off of???). The only serious critique I have is that given the natural light, an on-camera fill-flash would have helped greatly to even out the exposures.

Yeah, I really wished I had a flash, especially for the indoor shots.. I did use the on-camera flash for them and it helped a TON, but it just wasn't powerful enough for a lot of the shots I was trying to get.

The sun was really high, and right behind the gazebo, which made things pretty difficult. There was also a large lake right behind that so the reflection from that made some of the shots a bit difficult as well.

As for the guy in #3.. He was the actual photographer that they'd hired. As for what he was bouncing the flash off - I have no idea. I'd try to defend him saying it was angled like that from another shot he'd taken.. But like I said before, the lighting was so low inside that a flash was absolutely necessary.. So, I have no idea. Maybe he was trying to line up a shot before adjusting the angle of the flash.. Really.. I have no idea. lol

Looks to me like he was just bouncing off of the wall.

LoL, his flash is at a very weird angle. In that photo, I noticed the zebra stripe (shadow) on the groom's face before I noticed the photographer. I am curious to see how that shot turned out. I highly doubt that he was able to bounce the flash correctly at that angle; unless he had a reflector (out of view) correctly angled to hit the subjects. At that super close distance, it might have just been a bride and cake photo.

I'm a bit jealous of the wedding shots myself as I've got the HUGE task of doing a friend's wedding next month and this is my first time with an SLR so I'm WAY out there! With time comes patience and with patience comes good pictures (hopefully)!! =) -Suzie

i love them,
browsed through the set for a bit, i love the colors etc
and yes the only concern i would have is the direct harsh sunlight on the subject's faces etc, but not much you can do from there, maybe through some minor editing, i think your shoots has lots of potential to start with :)

a small tip here, try comparing your angle, exposure of your shoots to the hired photographer, i think it will be an awesome way to learn =)

Most reactions

Back