Wedding..

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by blowjustinup, Oct 19, 2008.

1. blowjustinup

blowjustinup TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    First time really shooting anything like this.. Normally I just use my camera for pictures of cars and whatnot. This was my cousin's wedding so I wasn't hired and paid for this..

Let me know what you think, check out the entire set here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/j...5846/

Individual photo comments are appreciated.

Here's a few..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Under the circumstances (Judging by the light, the sun was fairly high) you did quite well. Good DoF, nicely focused main subjects. (What the heck is the guy in #3 planning to bounce his flash off of???). The only serious critique I have is that given the natural light, an on-camera fill-flash would have helped greatly to even out the exposures.

3. blowjustinup

blowjustinup TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, I really wished I had a flash, especially for the indoor shots.. I did use the on-camera flash for them and it helped a TON, but it just wasn't powerful enough for a lot of the shots I was trying to get.

The sun was really high, and right behind the gazebo, which made things pretty difficult. There was also a large lake right behind that so the reflection from that made some of the shots a bit difficult as well.

As for the guy in #3.. He was the actual photographer that they'd hired. As for what he was bouncing the flash off - I have no idea. I'd try to defend him saying it was angled like that from another shot he'd taken.. But like I said before, the lighting was so low inside that a flash was absolutely necessary.. So, I have no idea. Maybe he was trying to line up a shot before adjusting the angle of the flash.. Really.. I have no idea. lol

4. tsaraleksi

tsaraleksi TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Looks to me like he was just bouncing off of the wall.

5. maulrat

maulrat TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    LoL, his flash is at a very weird angle. In that photo, I noticed the zebra stripe (shadow) on the groom's face before I noticed the photographer. I am curious to see how that shot turned out. I highly doubt that he was able to bounce the flash correctly at that angle; unless he had a reflector (out of view) correctly angled to hit the subjects. At that super close distance, it might have just been a bride and cake photo.

6. shakiki

shakiki TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm a bit jealous of the wedding shots myself as I've got the HUGE task of doing a friend's wedding next month and this is my first time with an SLR so I'm WAY out there! With time comes patience and with patience comes good pictures (hopefully)!! =) -Suzie

7. blowjustinup

blowjustinup TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think the angle is too extreme for that.. it looks like it would fire too far to the right.

8. blowjustinup

blowjustinup TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    No more cc?

9. johan.sie

johan.sie TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i love them,
    browsed through the set for a bit, i love the colors etc
    and yes the only concern i would have is the direct harsh sunlight on the subject's faces etc, but not much you can do from there, maybe through some minor editing, i think your shoots has lots of potential to start with :)

a small tip here, try comparing your angle, exposure of your shoots to the hired photographer, i think it will be an awesome way to learn =)