weddings, reasons I like them...

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd like to see everyone who shoots weddings give a reason. One per person please. Preferably one not mentioned.

Me First...

IT KEEPS ME FROM BEING A ONE TRICK PONY

There are lots of skills involved and lots of different techniques even in the documentary I shoot. Ie people skills, light skills, composition skills, ect.

There are people who get dresses up & made up...probably as much as they ever have or ever will. They look and usually feel pretty good. As for the couple getting married...it may be the best day of their lives.

Who wouldn't want to have the opportunity to capture that...or even to share in it?

I only did one but I didn't like it. But then, I think people go overboard with their weddings these days. Like they don't focus on the important part, that they are getting married. And they freak about all the silly little details.
They can produce beautiful images though. The dresses are nice. :lol:

It is the one job where, even if it is faked sometimes, almost everybody is happy to be there.

Thinking quick on your feet... new situtation/personalities and throwing in new lighting challenges as well. I like it.

It's one of the few places I find a whole bunch of strangers (to me) that expect, and maybe even desire to be photographed.

ksmattfish said:
It's one of the few places I find a whole bunch of strangers (to me) that expect, and maybe even desire to be photographed.
ditto.

On a street, you have to concerned about the subject's reaction - if s/he might me comfortable or not. Here it's a non-issue.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back