weekend frolic...C&C

CubsFanMike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I went out on a jaunt this weekend and got some cool pics (or what I thought were kind of cool.) Here's a couple:

3037531232_de0b3645cf_b.jpg

3037528640_de49a23ce5_b.jpg

3037528628_14b95a37a9_b.jpg

3037528620_0517f19d69_b.jpg

Let me know what you think! I'm working in GIMP (no PS yet), and was wondering if there was any way to sharpen the images up a bit besides just raising the contrast.

I think it is late, and I may be delirious... But that first shot looks to me like some little wooden creature hurling a battle cry while shooting a bow. Or a bazooka or something.

That said, I now love that first image!

Um, now I'll try and regain some dignity, or at least demonstrate that I am capable of reasonable thought.

I think that you found some interesting subjects, all with great texture. However, I would try and loook for more interesting compositions. The angles seem a bit dead-on and static. Except for the wooden-creature, which you captured at a perfect angle which is probably what lead to it's existance.

I think it is late, and I may be delirious... But that first shot looks to me like some little wooden creature hurling a battle cry while shooting a bow. Or a bazooka or something.

Haha I see it too...and #1 is my favorite.

I like the secluded feel of all of them. #3 seems to be a bit tilted, not much, but just a bit. The last one is a bit boring to me, that just my opinion.

Good shots.

I like all of these shots, with my least favorite being # 3. I think this could've been a really good subject, but the composition is lacking. The angle is just too straight on and everything is too centered up to make it an interesting picture imho. 1, 2 and 4 however I think are all very good shots. I am thinking about setting #4 as my desktop background for a while! It's a very calming nice shot.

The first one is awesome. Something I would definitely hang on my wall, and thats generally what I am thinking when I am out there taking photos....The other ones are really cool too, especially the bonfire--that will bring lots of fun memories to a lot of people i think. Well done =)

Thanks for all the comments! I thought #4 could have been a lot better myself...I think I'm going to go back and reshoot it one of these days. I just got my D70 about a week ago and love the thing. #1 was actually a wooden cross in a cemetery someone made...REALLY creepy!!

Anyone know of other good ways to sharpen in GIMP? I know there are sliders you can use in PS...

I'm going to be the odd man out, I like number 2 the best, with number 1 right behind it.

Theres something about the first one I really love and I can't put my finger on what it is but It deff stood out for me

Thanks for the comments...I think #1 is my personal favorite as well. I think the metal with the wood is kind of unique.

Most reactions

Back