Weekend trip to Chicago

Stacey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went up to Chicago on Saturday...was raining on the way up there, gorgeous when we got there...went into the Shedd aquarium, POURED while we were in there...when we got out, sun was shining, had gorgeous blue sky..went out on Lake Michigan..so nice out there! anyway, here are some pics! C/C welcomed!
IMGP3334copy.jpg

2. Is there any way to make the fountain water stand out more from the clouds?
IMGP3309dit.jpg

IMGP3310copy.jpg

4. I know this is smack dead center but I still really like it!
IMGP3348edit.jpg

5. I want one!
IMGP3360copy.jpg

IMGP3408cropedit.jpg

7. I wonder if Jonny Depp is aboard?
IMGP3488copy.jpg

8. (Diff. angle) (Or Orlando Bloom?!)
IMGP3489edit.jpg

9. This reminds me of the ATT Wireless commercials..how many bars do you have? (The buildings look like they are leaning slightly to the left...anyone else see that too?)
IMGP3502copoy.jpg

Great shots! The sky in all of them is wonderful.

in PS you could easily straighten out those buildings, just search google real quick for a tutorial

Nice work. C&C per req:
1. Very nice.
2. Really well captured, but in answer to your question, not really, other than wait for teh clouds to pass. With a bright, blue sky, this would be an ideal candidate for a long exposure!
3. Per 3
4. The distortion in this one bothers me a little.
5. Nice, but your horizon is on a downhill run to the left, as well, watch your background; the breakwater appears to be coming out of the starboard side of the sailboat.
6. A little too much space for my taste; I would have preferred a tighter crop on the boats and lighthouse.
7. Not sure about this one. There's a lot of open space, but in some ways it does work...
8. This doesn't work; way too much foreground, and the subject is set too far over to one side.
9. Nice. I like the ascending composition of this one. You're right, the image isn't quite straight. As mentioned, this is very easily remidied with any good photo-editing application.
Do you have a circ-pol? The skies are nice, but I think they could have been even better.
Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John

Thanks Coldow!

Tirediron: I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind? In #4, what do you mean by distortion? I did not even notice the horizon tilt in #5! Thanks for pointing that out! But (and you'll have to excuse me here) can you explain the comment about the boat? Breakwater coming out of the starboard side? (That's totally over my head, lol! :mrgreen: Not too smart when it comes to boats!)
And yes, I do have a circular polarizer and I did have it on...I also adjusted the levels in PS as well.....this is going to be a stupid question, I'm sure, but can I adjust my circular polarizer? I guess I'm asking can I make the sky even bluer with it? Sorry, if that sounds dumb! But the only way to find out is to ask, right? Thanks for the critique though! Definitely helps! :mrgreen:

Thanks Coldow!

Tirediron: I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind? In #4, what do you mean by distortion? I did not even notice the horizon tilt in #5! Thanks for pointing that out! But (and you'll have to excuse me here) can you explain the comment about the boat? Breakwater coming out of the starboard side? (That's totally over my head, lol! :mrgreen: Not too smart when it comes to boats!)
And yes, I do have a circular polarizer and I did have it on...I also adjusted the levels in PS as well.....this is going to be a stupid question, I'm sure, but can I adjust my circular polarizer? I guess I'm asking can I make the sky even bluer with it? Sorry, if that sounds dumb! But the only way to find out is to ask, right? Thanks for the critique though! Definitely helps! :mrgreen:

Stace, there should be a ring on the front of your polarizer that you can adjust it with.

#4 is probably my fave of this bunch, followed by 7.

There is an easy way to straighten the buildings distortion in PS, but it's been a while since I've used it, so I'd have to tinker around for a few to remember...and I don't have time right now!

We should have a 'teach each other photoshop' girls night one of these nights. ;) It's so much easier to SHOW you things in person than to try and explain them over the internet. :p

Most reactions

Back