Weekly challenge - A Time for Reflection 12/9 - 12/15

jcdeboever, you are a master at these window reflections. I keep going back and spending some time looking at these last two photographs. In the first one, that creepy bird freaks me out... in a good way! The second one, I'm still not sure how the reflections work, what's actually reflected, and the parallel lines that aren't parallel:icon_pissedoff:... It all draws me in to these images and keeps me there.

Also, your story of the day with your friend was priceless.

Thank you for sharing!

Zac

monday

Accidentally a flash in the mirror, small problem of my good, old and faithful G9 is that the flash is always and forever set to "flash" when you turn on the camera and I forget that sometimes. It sometimes gives a problem in museums and churches where it's not allowed to use flashlights, annoying design flaw by Canon...

View attachment 150606

Yes, water that flows under the bridge...
Past 3 days it has been snowing hard, yesterday 3 inches, today and tonight it's going up to 6 inches, it feels like -11°Celsius outside. This image is from saterday and I really wanted to experiment with it this afternoon.

View attachment 150607

Where I park every day.
A bit of frost on the mirror.
A common item in the mirror.
20171211_141855.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

jcdeboever, you are a master at these window reflections. I keep going back and spending some time looking at these last two photographs. In the first one, that creepy bird freaks me out... in a good way! The second one, I'm still not sure how the reflections work, what's actually reflected, and the parallel lines that aren't parallel:icon_pissedoff:... It all draws me in to these images and keeps me there.

Also, your story of the day with your friend was priceless.

Thank you for sharing!

Zac

Thanks Zac. To be honest, I really look for them. Obviously, this is a quadruple reflection but was initially drawn to the bird in the mirror and tried to get all of the reflection components into the composition. A 16mm would have made it super easy, or even a 24mm bit I don't have those for the Minolta.

My awesome wife, reflected in a photograph of her from 1985 :)
Let's see, 32 years ago...carry the one...

This is a picture of my wife at 3 years old...
flect and reflect-1.jpg

While out looking for landscapes today, I was hiking under the edge of a cliff and found these icicles and thought they had nice reflections. I also wondered if they would soon be dropping from the cliff and I'd be dodging lawn darts.
Icicles.jpg
Icicles2.jpg

Most reactions

Back