Weekly challenge - best of 2017 12/30 - 1/5

My three sons used to race motocross, after a near-fatal accident my middle son sold his motorcycle and took up shooting in Precision Rifle Series competitions. Here are of couple of photos of him practicing in early 2017.
DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

I am absolutely convinced this guy knew exactly what he was doing. He knew I was using single point auto focus to try and focus on his eyes. He was also carrying the perfect weapon to foil my auto focus attempt.

Well played, bubbleman. Well played.
Harvey Bubbleman-1.jpg

Not too different from anybody else's totality shot, but it captures a really cool day for me and my fam-

Totality with saturated blues
by Peeb-OK, on Flickr

And on that same trip to see the eclipse, we dropped by a farmer's market and this image makes he happy as well-

peppers
by Peeb-OK, on Flickr

@JonA_CT that first shot of the dog really is great. At first glance it looks like a large tongue, but then on closer inspection it looks to be a toy. Well played Jon.

I love this shot since it's our first family photo since I left the military. It also reminds me that I need to start working out again. lol

Family by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

This summers vacation was a blast. The little ones seeing the ocean for the first time. Getting to meet new people. Jr's first ocean going boat tour and the abundance of lifers that were caught. It was an excellent way to spend a few weeks.

Atlantic Puffin by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

I’ll post a few from Ecuador. Sorry, I know there are more than 2 here. I missed a couple of days :p

For today's people photo, I present Andrew (son #1) and Hannah. This is a simple phone snap, taken at a restaurant in January 2017 when Andrew moved to Tulsa, OK.

Andrew and Hannah
by
Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

This was testing out a Nikon Coolpx 5700 (bridge or advanced P&S). The subject is a pencil/pen holder on my desk, with a business card and a U.S. National Grid scale tool. I will definitely dust off everything before I shoot it again.
DSCN1598.jpg by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

I will definitely dust off everything before I shoot it again.
It's amazing how much dust accumulates that we don't notice on a daily basis. I became familiar with this when I got my macro lens... :culpability:

I got a lot of mileage out of this sunflower field shoot. Sold 2 prints, used several for a display in our local art walk, gifted a few to friends and family and had a lot of fun taking and processing these. The first photo got the most attention because of the bee but I much prefer the other two, especially the full field view.

So, it didn't bother you to be around the bees? I've grown sunflowers and other seed crops that require bees and always have trouble with some people who refuse to work in those fields because of the bees. Those are great photos!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back