Weekly challenge - best of 2017 12/30 - 1/5

So, it didn't bother you to be around the bees? I've grown sunflowers and other seed crops that require bees and always have trouble with some people who refuse to work in those fields because of the bees. Those are great photos!

Thanks! No, the bees didn't bother me at all. I've been stung many times while golfing or gardening and I have a very mild reaction if any. I also don't seem to be allergic to mosquito bites as I never get those! Maybe that's my secret superpower and I am impervious to bugs? Superbugwoman!

My two for today come from my cell phone (which sometimes beats me & my DSLR) on a trip on the upper Columbia River in late August. Pretty hard to beat the serenity of a beautiful day on the water.
UpperColumbia1.jpg

UpperColumbia2.jpg

@Philmar ^^ very unique photos! I really love that first one. It has a sort of Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones quality to it.

I hope its not too late to play. Hi everyone. Been a while.

This is one of my friends blowing up a corner.
Fofity by Eric Ingerson, on Flickr

This one I was just playing around with my youngest sons prom photos. (No more kids in school!!! YAY!!!!)
Prom Ninjas. by Eric Ingerson, on Flickr

I'm going to include this one only because quite a few people seemed pleased bye it. Sometimes I don't see what others do. A little slow I guess. lol

Kingfisher by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

And I have to post the other half of the Zombie team since he will push to go out when I don't want to, want to hit just one more spot when I'm about finished, want to stay a few minutes longer. All of this has managed to get us new areas we wouldn't have gone, been there just in time for that momma bird to feed her young and countless other photos we wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

Logan by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

The boy in the dinghy makes this one for me. I wish he stood out a bit more either through cropping or maybe some creative dodge/burn in post?

^this. I didn't really notice the harbor wall at first.

Thanks for the advice. I tried several crops but couldn't really take to them (I originally posted this with a 4x3 crop but find the original more pleasing now) and as far as dodging and burning discrete parts of the image is concerned, I only have iPhoto to work with at the moment and can't see a tool for doing this. If anyone could point me in the direction of such a tool that works with Macs and is free or quite low cost, I'd be grateful :)

Today, I'm taking a break from the people and going with three that are Fire/EMS related.

This is in the lobby of the Maine College of Art. I think these pull boxes are still in use, as a supplement to alarm companies and telephones.

DSC_7018.jpg
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

I had to deliver a map to one of our Fire/EMS stations and took a couple shots while I was there.
Emergency Medical Service at Station 830.

DSC_0388.jpg

A memorial to a fallen firefighter, tragically shot on an EMS call.

DSC_0387.jpg

I hope its not too late to play. Hi everyone. Been a while.
Yay! You found us!

@zombiesniper I think a lot of people are pleased by the kingfisher because they have tried and tried and tried again to get a decent and close photo of one and failed miserably. Reading a lot gave me this insight:biglaugh: I envy you having a shooting partner like you do! You 2 have given us many wonderful shots. I look forward to what you share with us this coming year.

Most reactions

Back