Weekly challenge - lights, camera, ACTION! 11/11 - 11/17

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This week's challenge is Action. Panning, freeze action, motion blur, subject...use anything you want to represent a feeling of action in your photo, including adding motion blur or camera shake or whatever in post. If anyone wants to get really creative, try some ICM (intentional camera movement). Google that term if you're not familiar with it and check out the images. ICM can be really fun and there are no "rules", just whatever you think looks good.

Post the photos in this thread. New photos that have been taken for this challenge please. The purpose of the weekly challenge is to get people out shooting and trying new things. If you have old photos in this category that you want to share, you can do so in this thread when the challenge week is over! Thanks!!

Cool. I love that 2nd shot.

toby freeze frame.jpg

All my ideas for this challenge have been epic failures, lol. Really highlights for me how much I still have to learn about the xt2 and Affinity. I’m posting tonights attempt because even though it’s not exactly what I wanted it’s still kind of cool. For the life of me I could not get all 3 if him to show fully using any of the Affinity merge tools. Been searching tutorials for an hour and still can’t make it work.

This earlier attempt to use a longish exposure to show action was also a failure. Had to give up on this project for tonight as I’m afraid to give the dog any more treats...

Most reactions

Back