weekly contribution. C&C please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by sburatorul, May 16, 2009.

1. sburatorul

sburatorul TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    supposedly this is the narrowest street in Europe.
    [​IMG]
    shot with my fav, the 50mm at f2.8, 1/100s, iso 100

window
    [​IMG]
    50mm, f2.8, 1/4000s, iso 100. it was bright sunny. i wish i could shoot it at the other end of the day but its in a city 600km away. i will eventually

2. brettmc

brettmc TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Both of them are great shots. The first seems as though it may be a little bit underexposed, and the 2nd i agree shooting at a different time would help a lot with that shadow or maybe when its fairly over cast. I love the composition of the 2nd one though very interesting window. Good job, thanks for sharing

3. sburatorul

sburatorul TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    wow. and i even thought to darken it a little bit. stands to show how much i need a monitor calibrating spider.

4. Skedaddle

Skedaddle TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like both photos. However, on the first one, it does seem slightly underexposed and for me, I would like the face to be slighly more in focus. As for the second photo, I agree about the shadow. Maybe you can remove it with photoshop.

Overall, both are really nice. :)

5. sburatorul

sburatorul TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i tried removing it but it looks weird and plain with no shadow.i think having some shadow gives it shape. thanks for the comments.

6. linpelk

linpelk TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I really like the first one. I think the exposure looks fine..maybe a TINY bit underexposed, but I think it's great. The only thing that I don't like about it is her outfit (petty, I know) but the tennis shoes with the pants/skirt and the trench coat just look kind of funny. I am SO sorry and I hope it isn't YOU in the picture and I'm tearing your outfit apart. I know you were traveling and had no control over the outfit, but it really is my only gripe. The picture itself is nice. I like the lines and I like the stance. Fun.

The second picture is lovely and I actually like the shadow. It looks to me like the light is reaching down to touch the window. They are holding hands like old friends :)

Great work!

7. ~Stella~

~Stella~ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You have them hosted on photobucket. I've noticed PB making my images look significantly darker and it's very annoying - it may well be that they look fine on your monitor.

8. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I like the window a lot... I wish there was more visible texture to the wall, but still very nice. (maybe bring the exposure down a hair if you have it in RAW?)

The shot of the woman in the narrow street is amusing, but doesn't strike me as photographically exciting.

9. sburatorul

sburatorul TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks for all the comments. don't worry is not me, is one of my colleagues and it was spontaneous so no control over the outfit. i will try hosting them on flickr see if there is any difference.

10. LuckySo-n-So

LuckySo-n-So TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like #1, but as others have said, maybe a little brightening is in order. Very interesting shot and nice composition.

#2 is an absolutely great photo in my opinion. I think an experimentation with maybe making it B&W may be in order here. Or maybe not.

On another note, your colleague is very pretty--maybe you can convince her to do some more formal portraits with that Nifty Fifty of yours.

Great work! Keep it up.

11. inTempus

inTempus TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    We call those "alleys". :)

Fun pic.

12. sburatorul

sburatorul TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i know what you mean. i see it as an alley but for some reason the officials call it a street. i think it has some historic importance. i'll look into it.

there is no need to convince her. she loves to pose so I'll be sure to take some more photos. she also likes to be behind the camera which is not quite ok with me since in that case i would play the subject role.