Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How are the tones & do like the DOF

EOS1 & 29-70 f2.8L Canon, Plus-X & D-76
large.jpg

The image looks a little washed out. Either you have played with the contrast and brightness to get detail in the shadows - or you have a lens flare problem.
Using a lens hood will cure the latter.
Shooting at a different time of day or under different lighting conditions should help with the former. Or you could try a little fill-in flash.
The bg is very busy so throwing it out of focus is the best thing to do. To be honest I think there is still too much detail there and it could do with being even more out of focus.

Hmm...I'm new to this, but how'd you make the picture black and white? Did you use grayscale? You can get much better results if you play with PS's channel mixer in monochrome.

Yep Hertz. I played with it in PS for the reason you said. Took this last Sunday wandering around town looking for stuff to shoot. Lighting has all way been problem for me. I thing this was shoot around mid-afternoon so a different time day may help a lot. Also I used a red filter. This is by second attempt at the statue; first time was back in January of this year.

This is the same shot with no adjustment, seem to dark to me.
medium.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/jjarboe1/image/45009592/medium

This is a color digital version from back in January unedited (large)

small.jpg

Smith this is B&W film scanned with Epson 4180 that I still swear at (learning to use)

Smith this is B&W film scanned with Epson 4180 with I still swear at (learning to use)

Oh okay okay...the last forum I came from was strictly digital and it became more of a place where people complained about problems with their cameras. I went off in search of a better photography forum and found this on my first Google hit! It seems like a great, active place. I'm still getting used to people scanning in film though ;). Soon I'll be doing it too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back