Weird photo job I just landed.....

Jeepnut28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I keep my card in the local photo shop that does my all my printing. I guess some lady from a real estate firm back east called looking for a recomended photographer to shoot some properties...........so I get the call......

for $65 each store, I have to take 20 shots of each Circle K store (2 total) and send them low res files.......

should take me about an hour to do. I guess a real quick $130 aint bad.

Speaking of real estate, I've always wondered if real estate companies (probably the smaller ones) would hire someone to take shots of new properties and maybe make a website so people can see the houses without leaving theirs.

Oh, and congrats on the gig.

i work from an Architects and just answering Cal's question

in my firm we have about 8 digital cameras for any of the employes to usae to take photos of houses and what ever for work, just simple point and shoots, but i was hired for my graphics skills making booklets promo material and all that but also because im a photographer so i am going out with one of the more experianced guys to take better photos of houses. building sites and stuff like that.

so the point im trying to make is, it is possable that people in the building industry are waking up more to the possablity and advantages good photography and images can have to there project

cal_gundert05 said:
Speaking of real estate, I've always wondered if real estate companies (probably the smaller ones) would hire someone to take shots of new properties and maybe make a website so people can see the houses without leaving theirs.

Oh, and congrats on the gig.

Real Estate agencies should hire someone outside to photograph the properties. I just bought a house and cannot believe how much time I wasted going to places hoping that the property looked good inside. Their pictures are horrible and I cannot tell you how many thumbs I have seen taking up half the image.

When I went to the place's open house I could see why they took such horrible shots. Maybe that is what they want, crummy photos so peoples curiosity gets the best of them and they come out to take a look at the place.

I just bought a house this past weekend too and was thinking how a good photographer could REALLY help advertise the house by using different focal lengths and camera positions to make things appear bigger or smaller. A few houses surprised me by the size I perceived from the pic compared to what it was in RL.

Makes you wonder if you could present a profile to a smaller Real Estate agent and get some work. :)

SHUTTERtoSPEAK said:
I just bought a house and cannot believe how much time I wasted going to places hoping that the property looked good inside.

The reason they cant get photos is their idea of the value of the shot is about two bucks each.... that was what I was told when I called about it once a few years ago it might be three by now lol

I did hear of a guy in hilton head sc who gets plenty for his shots but they are kazillion dollar houses

well got this job done over T-day weekend......was boring as hell. Should be getting a check soon.

also had my wedding clients over to the house this past weekend.....out of the 180 shots I presented, we are printing over 60.....her print order is huge.

I also know a pro who used to do this full time for mags etc, like mystery said, the houses are worth a fortune so he used to be well paid, nowadays with digital his business has begun to suffer, too many shooters can get a decent exposure so the clients are going for the cheaper option instead of his incredible stuff on LF.

mysteryscribe said:
The reason they cant get photos is their idea of the value of the shot is about two bucks each.... that was what I was told when I called about it once a few years ago it might be three by now lol

I did hear of a guy in hilton head sc who gets plenty for his shots but they are kazillion dollar houses

The reason that more RE agents don't go with a pro photog is that the cost comes out of their pocket. Not true with all RE agents & contracts but it's the norm. The ones that don't would find it hard to convince customers to spend the $ to get good photographs too. They don't think that the increase in sales from better photographs will be that great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back