Weird picture...

AllHailZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There's just something off about this picture... I think it's the girl's head, it looks so tiny compared to the car. I took this with a Nikon N80 with a wide-angle lens and developed it in the darkroom. I was never satsified with it but I had to turn it in for an assignment. It looked good when I aimed and shot it...

Your suggestions?

LTZ.jpg

Sorry this picture doesn't mean anything to me. It is very low contrast, underexposed and there is nothing going on with the composition or the content.

I'd be interested in knowing what this picture means to you.

Agreed. It's from a trip her and I took one day into the hills. It's the second best picture of her from that in B&W, anyway... I suppose it's more for sentimental value than anything else.

Thanks for responding.

If I had to say why I don't think it works it's that the shot seems to have two subjects. It is either the girl in which case you barely see her and she's not filling the frame or it's the car and again we're not seeing much of the car.

She looks cute, peeking back at the viewer with a big nice smile. You're probably dissatisfied with the ratios because of your choice of lens - a WA lens may not have been the best choice here. There is so much info captured in the frame, the viewer is not certain if it's a portrait of the girl or the car, or where to look.....you get the idea.

Try it again with a normal or a portrait lens. Try a few different angles, you might like your results better.

As far as the print itself, it is indeed very flat. Did you tone it? I like the tone, but you needed to start with better contrast to get a nice, overall range of tones.

If this is your GF and that's your car, the whole thing is re-doable. So go for it! :)

tried to make it better

whoops..... i have removed it, as you said its not OK to edit your picture
sorry

i added a bit of colour and some sun glare, to detract from the poor angle
Coloured the car, face and the furry dice
if you can re-take the picture... shoot more from the front, so we see the girls face and more of the car.

Thank you guys, you hit it right on the head! I completely agree, the subject's not exactly clear, the car or the girl. WA lens just wasn't the one for that job. I don't know why I didn't see that before.

And yes, that is my car, but sadly, she's not my GF... She would, however, redo it for me if I wanted to. I may just do that... This shot really was just spur of the moment, I didn't really take my time to compose it. Too bad this forum doesn't have reputation points, I'd rep you all. :hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back