Weird question

Image1.jpg

30 seconds in a graphics program. can be made to look much sweeter by spending more time, but....

..i don't know the person that made the logo, but it's technically flawed and if it's going to be used as a home improvement logo, i'd rethink proportions/perspectives/etc.

If you scan something in it comes out as bitmapped - this gives you jagged edges.
For b/w graphics what you need is Adobe Streamline. It converts bitmaps to vector graphics. This means that you can make the graphic as big as a house without it getting jaggy. It also alows you to edit the lines as if you had drawn them in Photoshop with the pen tool.
It's cheaper than Illustrator or Freehand and easier to use.

Yes, I do realize it's flawed...a guy that worked for us briefly made it up. Problem is, we can't really afford to pay anyone, and at the moment my bf (going to school for graphic design) is too busy with school to do one completely himself...though I'll probably see if he can help me with any of this tonight. There are a few things that bug me with it that I guess I'll see if I can fix...like I want the "Home Improvement" centered and the same width as "Davidson". Thanks for the software suggestions. I'm sure it will help.

Here, I re-vamped it. Whadaya think? :) :LOL: :lol: :lmao:

jokelogo.jpg

( translation: I have less than an hour left of work and I am bored out of my skull, and wasting time! :) )

If your b/f is taking graphic design...he should be able to whip-up something like this in about three minutes. Just get him to do it. He can use it in a portfolio when he has graduated and is looking for a job.

core_17 said:
Ya think so? He's so busy I'm always reluctant to ask him to do stuff like this.

(insert funny and mean boyfriend joke here)

:p

md

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-alias

I've had a go at doing your logo. I can do the top part easily and the text at the bottom. But I have no idea when it comes to warping the Davidson part. The + on the O is easy to. Just use the line tool to make it. I think the font used is Times New Roman by the way.

Heh heh...guess what? I'm home now, and I checked my programs on my computer..Erik already installed Adobe Illustrator on my computer! I already have it! Now to figure out exactly how to use it.

Most reactions

Back