weird shizz happening to my camera

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by UUilliam, Jul 21, 2009.

1. UUilliam

UUilliam TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    sometimes (usually when im playing around pressing the shutter about 40 times in 10 seconds - obvious exageration but you get the idea)
    when i delete a few images
    then i take another photo
    the last image i deleted comes back in the place of the image i just took and sometimes the next 2 - 5 pictures say "corrupt cannot view"

im sure it is a result of my Mental Retardation about pressing the shutter so many times when im bored

2. musicaleCA

musicaleCA TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hmmm. I wasn't able to reproduce the problem on my own 450D body. And I haven't run into the problem either, no matter how fast I shoot (I run up against the buffer plenty though...not that that's a bad thing...it forces me to slow down and consider). Then again, I (almost) never delete images in-camera.

What type of memory card are you using (mean make and model, not that it's an SD)? And when was the last time you did a low-level format on it?

How long have you had the body? Canon released a firmware update for the 450D...was it two months ago? Something like that. Recently though.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  3. UUilliam

UUilliam TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    SD Card model: Kingston SDHC (4)
    Capacity: 16 GB
    True Capacity: 15 GB
    (thats the one i currently use)

SD Card model: SanDisk SDHC (2)
    Capacity: 8 GB
    True Capacity: 7.5 GB
    (that is my backup)

I have had the body since... 10th of December 2008 (earlier than i thought :O i thought i only had my body since February.)

That firmware update, wasn't that to support a new Speedlight flash that came out if it was I'm sure I installed it?

Tbh, this problem isn't anything that I cannot live with
    It's just the case of, if I get that killer shot.. then i decides that it will do this.

I think i have low-level formated about one time... I usually just do a complete format, I am guessing a low-level format will format free space and keep your images?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  4. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    That sounds broken to me. I would take it in for service asap.

5. musicaleCA

musicaleCA TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nope, a low-level format actually checks that each sector is erased (and functional) before writing the MFT (or whatever other scheme it's using). A quick format just rewrites that part of the disk, so that it looks clean. In reality, the data is still all there, until it's over-written by new data.

Anyway, like manaheim, sounds like it's broken. (Kingston is a solid memory brand.)

6. Jaszek

Jaszek No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    And yea that update was for the support of the 270EX flash. Fun little toy I must say. I played around with it :p

7. DRB022

DRB022 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That's wierd. Never happened to me. That's why Nikon is better than Canon. Haha just kidding...

8. UUilliam

UUilliam TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Doesn;t happen much though :p just when I'm messing around tbh and it doesn't happen ALL the time, just sometimes, i always review my image after i take it anyways, that way if it does happen, ill know straight away and can re-take it (unless it only lasts a split second)