Well bye bye Canon (for me), not a rant!

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Sold my 20D and everything Canon I had over the weekend. That was the last of my Canon equipment. Strictly Nikon for daily use cameras now. I think the new owner will be really happy with the camera. Took real good care of it and looked just about new.

I may venture back into Canon later on. Just a financial issue for me. Already shoulder deep into Nikon system at least 20 years now. Just not enough extra money laying around to keep up with changes in Canon.

Was considering giving it to a nephew. But my wallet feels better I sold it. :lol::lol:

PROTIP: A camera has no idea what name is stamped on the body. Nor, does it care. Neither should you.

Shame I know someone who would give that 300mm f2.8 IS L a good home

Didn't you know?!?! Every advancement in IS technology with newer lenses makes the photographs taken with the old IS lenses 15% blurrier per stop of stabilization. It's known as gearadvancification. Very scary. Also, all wedding photos taken prior to the high ISO capabilities of the D700 and 5DmkII became impossible to take, even though they were taken.

To the OP: 20 years invested in Nikon... I hope that the simplification serves you well. Definitely not an off-the-cuff switch. I sometimes find that by simplifying what I carry to my shoot, I'm more in focus with what I want to accomplish. good luck!

"I sometimes find that by simplifying what I carry to my shoot, I'm more in focus with what I want to accomplish"

good point. when i'm out after images for my portfolio, i generally carry one body and one lens, plus a few filters, batteries, etc. not having all my gear with me keeps me from getting sidetracked into shooting something other than what i'm after.

and yes, i shoot Canon. but it doesn't really matter... i would challenge anyone to look at identical shots of the same subject, taken at the same time and using the same settings, with both Canon and Nikon, and tell which camera took which shot. it ain't about the name on the front of the camera, folks... it's about the eye of the person behind it.

It's not a Canon vs Nikon battle, the OP just needed to pick one and roll with it.

Already shoulder deep into Nikon system at least 20 years now. Just not enough extra money laying around to keep up with changes in Canon.

Sounds like he just didn't want to keep both systems going and went with Nikon.

Good luck to you!

PROTIP: A camera has no idea what name is stamped on the body. Nor, does it care. Neither should you.

I have 2- Nikon D300's. A big bag full of Nikon F/2.8's, and over 10 Nikon Flashes. Along with a D40X, D50, and 7-8 Nikon film bodies and other lenses.

VS. 1 Canon 20D and 3 lenses and 1 flash.

It goes well beyond a name on the body for this choice!

Didn't you know?!?! Every advancement in IS technology with newer lenses makes the photographs taken with the old IS lenses 15% blurrier per stop of stabilization. It's known as gearadvancification. Very scary. Also, all wedding photos taken prior to the high ISO capabilities of the D700 and 5DmkII became impossible to take, even though they were taken.

To the OP: 20 years invested in Nikon... I hope that the simplification serves you well. Definitely not an off-the-cuff switch. I sometimes find that by simplifying what I carry to my shoot, I'm more in focus with what I want to accomplish. good luck!

The Canon was the experiment. I started with Nikon years ago. I tried the 20D and liked it. Actually did not have any issues going between systems at all. But with all the Nikon gear I had. I just kept going to the Nikon well more often. Just didn't have the cash to upgrade both systems at the same time. Was not a quality issue.

Most reactions

Back