Well, here goes...

sleeper15

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thought i put up some of my shots in here, seeing that i'm still a noob when it comes to pics:

4541642270_6f912d9311_o.jpg

4541641682_4ec3305cfb_o.jpg

4541629394_11c5285038_o.jpg

4297591293_37511fe652_o.jpg

the first 3 shots were done with a Pentax IST DL, the last one was with my new Canon 50d

I like the last two. The first two shots have shadows in weird places, and its just a whole lot of distraction, IMO.

Good angles and focal length - gives it a nice look.

I do like the perspective in the first 2 and you're almost there I'd say. It's just that the front part of the car is covered in darkness. If you can bounce of some light with a big white surface or creating an HDR I think you can get a killer image.

Try shooting the first scene with the same aperture like the last one (f13 instead f4.5) then you will get that nice effect on the street lights ;)

Keep going, wanna see more!

Hey there, welcome to the site!

Nice Mugen FA5! More shots of that with the 50D please!

I like the last two. The first two shots have shadows in weird places, and its just a whole lot of distraction, IMO.

yeah, the first 3 was when i first got into photography (and not using a point and shoot). So, i still was learning on how to use what ambiant light was around

Good angles and focal length - gives it a nice look.

I do like the perspective in the first 2 and you're almost there I'd say. It's just that the front part of the car is covered in darkness. If you can bounce of some light with a big white surface or creating an HDR I think you can get a killer image.

Try shooting the first scene with the same aperture like the last one (f13 instead f4.5) then you will get that nice effect on the street lights ;)

Keep going, wanna see more!

If i get the chance, i'll try that same shot again, and maybe try both a HDR first, then trying it with the different f/stop and seeing if i can get some light on the front of it

Hey there, welcome to the site!

Nice Mugen FA5! More shots of that with the 50D please!

thanks! can you belive i catch crap from other honda guys for owning it. :lmao:

but, i do appriciate the nice comments. The first 3 were from when i first started out in photography, the last one was done in Jan or Feb, i can't remember. I think i've been hitting a rut though in car photography, cause i've noticed i've been doing the same angles and same things with other cars, and i hope to get out of that rut by seeing some of the skills of the other photographers here, and getting tips as well.

Smaller photos next time. These are taking forever to load.

sorry bout that, i'll just use the "large" link next time, instead of the orignal size one.

honduh...pssshh! :greenpbl:

seriously though, if car photography is what you want to do then you need to look at this...

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/156045-mostly-automotive-my-photos.html

its bloody brilliant stuff and something to aspire to.

i like do car photogprahy, but, it usually ends up being at car shows, and never just single car photoshoots really. and yeah, i've been looking at his pics, and they are awesome! Just wish i could figure out how he gets the majority of his shots to look like that

sorry bout that, i'll just use the "large" link next time, instead of the orignal size one.

Yes please, 8.5 MB of photos is ridiculous - you may want to edit the original post with the smaller photos.

You seem to have a lot of noise in #3, I can't see the EXIF because I'm at work, but you have to watch that ISO. The 50d is probably a lot better though.

Just wish i could figure out how he gets the majority of his shots to look like that

you and me both. i still havent done a shoot of my car yet because i know i wouldnt be able to do it justice. :(

I can't see the EXIF because I'm at work, but you have to watch that ISO. The 50d is probably a lot better though.

EXIF for #3:

Camera Maker: PENTAX Corporation
Camera Model: PENTAX *ist DL
Lens: smc PENTAX-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL
Image Date: 2009-07-22 18:47:28 -0400
Focal Length: 28.0mm (35mm equivalent: 42mm)
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure Time: 0.0029 s (1/350)
ISO equiv: 200
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: program (Auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Color Space: sRGB

ISO 200? I guess that's why no-one buys pentax cameras then...

:scratch:

That's from a *istDL ... from 2005. You can't really compare that camera (2005 CCD 6mp sensor) to today's K-x (12mp CMOS) & K-7(14mp CMOS), it's apples to oranges.

:scratch:

That's from a *istDL ... from 2005. You can't really compare that camera (2005 CCD 6mp sensor) to today's K-x (12mp CMOS) & K-7(14mp CMOS), it's apples to oranges.

yeah, i was using my dads camera. It was the first DSLR camera i ever used. Wasn't that bad really.

But yeah, my canon is much much better then that pentax. Though, i still got to learn how to use it right. :lol:

Most reactions

Back