Well I'm staying with Nikon

straw man. It's not useless to me, because I've used it at least once. Ergo, it's not USELESS. :mrgreen:
Are you gonna be happy with my answer or are you going to try once again to justify your recent Cannon purchase by trashing Nikon in yet another thread ?
WTF are you talking about?

Man, you're single minded. I didn't trash anything in this thread. I said, in essence, get the D90 as it has a superior sensor.

Your sophomoric accusation that I run from thread to thread trashing Nikon is, just that - sophomoric.

I have never trashed Nikon.

From one page back:
The 5D is a professional camera and it has the video feature too. The technology isn't thoroughly baked yet. It's a neat gimmick for some, useless for most outside of some screwing around, and I'm sure will be quite useful in later iterations. It's just not there yet.

I guess I'm trashing Canon now too. Oh no... a man without a home. LOL

Wow, they have some really bad ratings. How in the world are they even still in business. Well I guess the saying always goes. If it's to good to be true then most of the time it is.......however, there is still hope in me that every now and then you can find a legit great deal out there. Thanks to all because I sure would have tried to order.

Wow, they have some really bad ratings. How in the world are they even still in business. Well I guess the saying always goes. If it's to good to be true then most of the time it is.......however, there is still hope in me that every now and then you can find a legit great deal out there. Thanks to all because I sure would have tried to order.
I think the internet keeps them in business. It doesn't help that links to these sites rank at the very top in Google, and they purchase top billing from Google too. I would think Google would refuse to sell them ad space based on their negative feedback.

With all of the comments about them fraudulently using credit card numbers, you would think Visa/Master Card would yank their vendor account. Scary.

Uh oh, now John's pissed off... :mrgreen: Off topic, but some people are meeting at the Krohn tomorrow around 10:30 if you're interested.

What is the Krohn?

Hey Jason, sent you a IM so as to not post O.T.

Hi Beth, Krohn Conservatory is a very famous old landmark in Cincinnati. Several members of the OVCC (Ohio Valley Camera Club, a Meet-Up group) have bee going there of late to shoot the beautiful spring flowers already in bloom inside. It's a great macro opportunity.

Hey Jason, sent you a IM so as to not post O.T.

Hi Beth, Krohn Conservatory is a very famous old landmark in Cincinnati. Several members of the OVCC (Ohio Valley Camera Club, a Meet-Up group) have bee going there of late to shoot the beautiful spring flowers already in bloom inside. It's a great macro opportunity.

Well that sounds awesome. I wish there were something like that around here. Unfortunately there's not. :er:

I think the internet keeps them in business. It doesn't help that links to these sites rank at the very top in Google, and they purchase top billing from Google too. I would think Google would refuse to sell them ad space based on their negative feedback.

With all of the comments about them fraudulently using credit card numbers, you would think Visa/Master Card would yank their vendor account. Scary.

You're absolutely right. That's scary and i can't imagine why authorities won't step in.

WTF are you talking about?

Man, you're single minded. I didn't trash anything in this thread. I said, in essence, get the D90 as it has a superior sensor.

Your sophomoric accusation that I run from thread to thread trashing Nikon is, just that - sophomoric.

I have never trashed Nikon.

From one page back:

I guess I'm trashing Canon now too. Oh no... a man without a home. LOL

deny it all you want. I've seen your objectivity and your fairness in judgment go downhill as far as the D90 goes, in recent posts. You're first two posts in this thread are a testament to that.

deny it all you want. I've seen your objectivity and your fairness in judgment go downhill as far as the D90 goes, in recent posts. You're first two posts in this thread are a testament to that.
Oh yes. I run from thread to thread trashing the D90. At least it's just the D90 now and not Nikon in general like your last accusation. Is that progress?

Like the time I posted a couple of weeks ago that I was ready to ditch my 40D in favor of the D90... in the end I just barely favored the 50D. That's a pretty heavy trashing, and for that I'm very-very sorry. :hug::

I didn't realize I attacked the D90 so viciously. I'll have to check myself. I searched for all of these ever degrading posts where I rip the D90 apart and I just haven't found them. But if you say they're there, they must be. It's not like you have a chip on your shoulder or anything.

My very first post in this thread was "big mistake" followed by "just kidding". For your reference, I was talking about the D80 vs. the D90. That's what I was thinking anyway. Oops. You know what they say about when you "ass-u-me", don't ya?

In my second post I say the video feature is useless. Surprise - surprise I say the same thing about the Canon 5D. Oops. Just because I don't think a certain feature is useful doesn't mean I think the camera is bad. Just because I prefer to have a CMOS sensor over a CCD doesn't mean I'm trashing a brand. Pretty easy to understand when you're not running around trying to find reasons to be offended.

I got it, you dislike me because I don't own Nikon. Can we move past it now?

Last edited:
I'll have to check myself. I searched for all of these ever degrading posts where I rip the D90 apart and I just haven't found them.

Well Tharmsen, first I didn't say you rip the D90 apart, or that you run around from thread to thread with degrading posts etc... You are now reacting with reduced clarity.
I did say however that your objectivity with regards to Nikon and the D90 has slipped. At least it appears so to me, ever since you decided to go Cannon after you almost bought the D90.

You say you've searched and can't find ..... and I pointed you to the first and second post of yours in this thread. Didn't have to really search that far.
Just look at your choice of adjectives and phrasing when referring to the D90. "Wow what a HUGE Mistake". "Totally Useless" . Those don't sound too objective to me. Actually that, together with your recent Nikon vs Cannon thread actually make it seem to me that you have an axe of sorts to grind with Nikon.

I don't dislike you. I think you're a very talented and smart young fellow. I see what I see though, and your recent posts that don't seem to give Nikon a fair shake have bugged me a bit. I've made mention it to you, and yes by all means we can move past it. I don't own shares in Nikon, and you can even Hate Nikon if you want.

Well Tharmsen, first I didn't say you rip the D90 apart, or that you run around from thread to thread with degrading posts etc... You are now reacting with reduced clarity.
I'm sorry, I must have misread this post.

Are you gonna be happy with my answer or are you going to try once again to justify your recent Cannon purchase by trashing Nikon in yet another thread ?

I can see how I misunderstood your comment. :)

I did say however that your objectivity with regards to Nikon and the D90 has slipped. At least it appears so to me, ever since you decided to go Cannon after you almost bought the D90.
What appears and what is reality are two different things. While I wouldn't buy a D90 I would certainly buy a D300 or I would cut my right arm off for a D700... well, maybe my left as I'm right handed.

Just because I don't like a feature doesn't mean I dislike the model or the company. I talk about features of Canon I dislike too... does that make me a Canon basher?

You say you've searched and can't find ..... and I pointed you to the first and second post of yours in this thread. Didn't have to really search that far.

Just look at your choice of adjectives and phrasing when referring to the D90. "Wow what a HUGE Mistake". "Totally Useless" .
And I clarified my comment in the first post but you still don't quite grasp it. I wasn't talking about the D90 when I said "you made a mistake - Just kidding!!!. As I clearly pointed out, I was saying I was obviously kidding about choosing the D80. Not because it wasn't Canon, but because it wasn't a D90, D300, D700, M3, etc. I think the "just kidding" part clearly identifies this comment as a joke. Just to be clear, it wasn't a dig on the D90. Ok?

Those don't sound too objective to me. Actually that, together with your recent Nikon vs Cannon thread actually make it seem to me that you have an axe of sorts to grind with Nikon.
Oh, you mean the thread where everyone is joking around from both sides of the isle as none of us take such threads seriously? I know, pretty damning... isn't it?

I don't dislike you. I think you're a very talented and smart young fellow. I see what I see though, and your recent posts that don't seem to give Nikon a fair shake have bugged me a bit. I've made mention it to you, and yes by all means we can move past it. I don't own shares in Nikon, and you can even Hate Nikon if you want.
If you agree to hate Nikon we can be friends. But keep in mind if we're friends I will start showing up at your house unannounced, eating your food, drinking your beer and making off-color comments to your S/O. :)

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything then Tharmsen. Based on your replies to me I may have mis-interpreted some of your posts. I'm sorry.

However if your idea of friendship includes the aforementioned 'features' ( drinking my beer, etc... ), I will have to go for option B. :wink:

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything then Tharmsen. Based on your replies to me I may have mis-interpreted some of your posts. I'm sorry.

However if your idea of friendship includes the aforementioned 'features' ( drinking my beer, etc... ), I will have to go for option B. :wink:
Option B?!?!? YES! Option B is you buy me a D700 and a year supply of pizza!

SCORE!

:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back