Well owl be damned

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just having great luck finding owls lately...it feels like all I photograph! I actually found 2 barred owls at this spot earlier in the week, and have been going back every day. The snowy photos weren't in the best light and a little noisy, but still fun to shoot!

barred2.jpg

2. This owl is very curious and seems to have grown quite used to my presence, because it flew in and perched directly overhead to get a better look at me. Shot at 300mm and barely cropped
barred4.jpg

3. Not the best background, a little busy, but the target was acquired and it was going in for the kill..
prowl.jpg

4. Still hoping to get a flight shot head on...
flight.jpg

vole.jpg

Nice set! I haven't been able to find one around here.

I'll trade you for a Barn or Great Horned Owl! I'd like to find and photograph all the species commonly found in New England, only found a few so far (Barred, Snowy, and Eastern Screech), but it sure is fun looking...

I'll trade you for a Barn or Great Horned Owl! I'd like to find and photograph all the species commonly found in New England, only found a few so far (Barred, Snowy, and Eastern Screech), but it sure is fun looking...

I heard Barn Owl was back in RI. last week

Those are some awesome photos!!

I'd love to see an owl IRL.

nice work. Glad you had fun too.

Great shots. I can never find any owls during the day around here we do hear them during the night sometimes.

All very nice! Even tho he's going away, I like the in flight in the snow.

All very nice! Even tho he's going away, I like the in flight in the snow.

Thanks, I liked it too with the snow. The nice thing is that I live only about 10 minutes away from this spot, and they seem to be pretty consistent, I'll be going back this afternoon with hopes of getting a flight shot toward me.

Owls are awesome... I'd love to run into a Great Horned Owl in the woods.. This weekend.. I've only been blessed with Blue Jays! :)

Most reactions

Back