Well since everyone is complaining, this is mine

I think you are confusing the inferiority complex with masochism.
People with an IC tend to be over-achievers or anti-social, neither of which would lead them to request a crit, let alone a harsh one.
It's the masochists who like to be punished ;)

And I think it's just response to all the fuzz about critiques being too harsh leading to bland critiques. It's like saying "don't hold back the punches, be honest"

When I'm feeling masochistic, TPF is the last place I goto.

The internet is mostly for entertainment purposes. If you want a real critique, take a class or workshop.

If you want to get better at photography, then study it, and develop your own judgement. There's far more to it than bitching and sniveling about not getting what you want from a social forum.

If you can see other's mistakes, well, don't do that.

If you see something you like, do that.

You are such a sweety pie, I loveyour posts...you never come across angry or psychotic in any way...in fact reading your posts I think "here is a well adjusted, happy man". :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You are such a sweety pie, I loveyour posts...you never come across angry or psychotic in any way...in fact reading your posts I think "here is a well adjusted, happy man". :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

:shock:

Whoa--Dealt with. That is so hot!

Are you as turned on as I am right now?

The internet is mostly for entertainment purposes.

This is so very, very true!
If only more were taking it that way.
You cannot expect only experts to come to an open forum like this one, a forum that's made for the hobbyist much rather than the professional photographers (I am sure they meet elsewhere), so not only each and every kind of photo is being shown, but also each and every possible way of commenting it is present here.

And most even wanne-be "critiques" are nothing but personal comments, anyway, reflecting the poster's very subjective opinion...

This is so very, very true!
If only more were taking it that way.
You cannot expect only experts to come to an open forum like this one, a forum that's made for the hobbyist much rather than the professional photographers (I am sure they meet elsewhere), so not only each and every kind of photo is being shown, but also each and every possible way of commenting it is present here.

And most even wanne-be "critiques" are nothing but personal comments, anyway, reflecting the poster's very subjective opinion...

+1 on this. I totally get carried away in my emotions sometimes. I actually got my feelings hurt really bad by something someone said on here to the point where I couldn't stop thinking about it for the entire next day at work. That being said, I obviously took it WAY too personally, especially considering I don't know the source from Adam.

Some of us open-hearted people get hurt too easily, though. If we can only somehow step outside of the situation whenever this happens and realize it (easier said than done).

Some of us open-hearted people get hurt too easily, though. If we can only somehow step outside of the situation whenever this happens and realize it (easier said than done).

Put everyone on your Ignore list and you will find you won't have a problem. :mrgreen:

It can always happen you get hurt by people. In the internet, on forums such as this one, or in real life. When it happens, it catches you unaware, but after that it's a matter of rationalising things and bringing them back into perspective and all is well again. Ask me. I'm speaking from (some recent) experience (in real life).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back