Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was shooting the annual Wounded Warrior BC Vancouver Island fund-raising run today and we started out in a local coffee shop which is a major sponsor. As I always do when the team is milling around before the start, I get a few shots of them in the shop, especially when they're talking to the staff as the owners love to post this sort of thing on social media. Anyway...

I'm just wandering around, shooting here and there (maybe 10-15 frames total, not much) and I see a group of the runners talking to a couple of the servers at the back of the room, so I up-camera and shoot. All seems perfectly normal, and as I move back toward the door to get a wide shot, I see this fellow walking toward me. I assume he's either going to leave, or get something from the "fixin's bar" ride beside me.

Nope, he walks right up to me, as in about 6" away (as I'm trying to get out of his way and not miss my shot) and throws his coffee (the big mug of course!) all over me and my camera, calls me some names not fit for a 'G' rated forum, and walks out. I'm always aware of people who don't seem to want their picture taken and take great pains to respect that; I'd not even noticed this fellow before. It all wiped up easily, and on the bright side, I've got the only cinnamon scented Nikon in town, but... WTF?????

If it were me, I'd have him charged with assault.

Just be happy it wasn't McDonald's coffee. I heard they serve that **** hot.

I'm with Sparky ... I would have followed him, snapping all the way and then get a shot of his car license plate then called the authorities. I hate cinnamon in my cameras. Sorry that happened to you, it all sucks.

Any other time, I would probably just have dropped him right then and there, but when you're in a room with a bunch of combat vets suffering with PTSD any sort of conflict usually doesn't go well!

Sorry - I guess there's one in every crowd.

If you got a shot of him, plaster it all over the internet with the caption "@$$hole"

Sorry - I guess there's one in every crowd.

If you got a shot of him, plaster it all over the internet with the caption "@$$hole"
Mehh... it was more the weirdness of the situation that struck me. I'm guessing he may have been a couple of fries short of a Happy Meal.

Yeah - at least he wasn't shooting, like sometimes happens down here.

Sucks that this happened. Good on you for the more than pleasant attitude about it.

One question though?
With all that cinnamon coffee will that mean your stuck with sepia portraits from now on?

Sucks that this happened. Good on you for the more than pleasant attitude about it.

One question though?
With all that cinnamon coffee will that mean your stuck with sepia portraits from now on?
Oohh... hadn't thought of that...

Wow! that sucks,You must have been In shock from disbelief.People can be strange and sometimes flat out dangerous.Your the better man to let it go, someone else may have turned into something much worse.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back