Well that's probably not going to work

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
New truck appears to be too tall for my garage doors. :BangHead:

Really don't park inside. But I do still do almost all my own maintenance on my vehicles. Only thing I go to garage for is alignments, tires, and state inspections. Now unless I change door styles, I can't even do my own oil change inside. Ceilings are high enough. Just doors are not. The way my shop building is set up, I can easily put a taller door in the end wall (all are currently 7' high doors). As no header is needed there for roof support. Also pulling in there I have more length to work with the longer truck.

Oil changes important. Fuel filter too.
Did mine out in the driveway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

As no header is needed there for roof support.
You won't need as high of a header, but you should still plan on one anyway to stiffen the wall, if for no other reason. Depending on how wide your new door will be, anywhere from 8 inches to perhaps 12 inches of new beam. Most builders can recommend what you need.

As no header is needed there for roof support.
You won't need as high of a header, but you should still plan on one anyway to stiffen the wall, if for no other reason. Depending on how wide your new door will be, anywhere from 8 inches to perhaps 12 inches of new beam. Most builders can recommend what you need.
I was in a home building program in High School and went through apprentiship after high school. Worked as carpenter first couple years before going back to school. I do all my own work at home as well. Very familiar with building.

Most reactions

Back