TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
tomaszjanickiphoto.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
RW1_7552a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great shot - but the colours look quite different on the website.

Congratulations, for the finalist placement!

Your white balance is off. Since you allow editing, I hope you don't mind my version:

RW1_7552a - Version 2.jpg

Are you really think the auto balance from Photoshop or Lightroom is more accurate like my eyes ;)
Auto setting balance ;)
Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you really think the auto balance from Photoshop or Lightroom is more accurate like my eyes
What you and I see will depend to some degree on how our respective displays are calibrated. On my display my version looks good.

Are you really think the auto balance from Photoshop or Lightroom is more accurate like my eyes
What you and I see will depend to some degree on how our respective displays are calibrated. On my display my version looks good.

I think what the OP is saying is that the clouds above the snow were red and this red was being reflected by the snow. Therefore, this was, in his opinion, what the snow looked like. It would also reflect the weather conditions which is what he has been shortlisted for in a weather photo award.

Personally I prefer the first of the two images the OP posted. Would I have been tempted to neutralise the magenta/red a bit? Probably a tad, but not as much as you. Though it's nor my shot (more's the pity) and so my interpretation isn't the same :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back