Wenkchemna Peak!

Cyber Surfer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ez-photo.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This mountain is very near Moraine Lake and the Valley of the Ten Peaks! Wenkchemna means "10" in the local native language. Taken with a Canon 20D and a Canon 17-40mm F4.0 L lens.

Canon_23-07-2006-001%7E0.JPG

You know, these landscapes are just flat-out JAW DROPPING.

Have you considred getting a large format camera? becuase you'll get a ton more detail in these than with any digital SLR (for the exception of maybe the 33MP hasslblads).

These should be printed as giant blowups, not 8x10's, but 20x30 at least.

With not even a HILL anywhere in my nearer surroundings, all these mountain panoramas will never ever cease to fascinate me, and your photos have so far ALL fascinated me, Roy. All of them that you have shown on here so far! This one is no exception at all.

how I envy you!!
you are becoming one of my favorite posters on here

"amazing" & "awesome" almost due this justice. :thumbup:

Another great shot.

This one looks a little hazy compared to your others. Maybe a small 'S-curve' adjustment would bring up the contrast.

Were all your recent posts shot on the same trip?

Big Mike said:
Another great shot.

Were all your recent posts shot on the same trip?

Thanks for your comments and accolades. The Jasper shots were taken on October 9th, the Moraine Lake shots were July 23, and Wenkchemna was July 23 as well. I live only two hours from Lake Louise and Moraine Lake, and 5 hours from Jasper, so I get back several times a year, and always look for the best lighting conditions. The Moraine Lake shots held me in suspense for four hours, until the lighting was perfect. It was worth it.

I hope to revisit next summer and get some new ones with my 5D. It should prove interesting!

how I envy you!! you are becoming one of my favorite posters on here[/quote said:

I used to live in Hampshire U.K. and for all the beauty that I see in the Rockies,sometimes it pales next to an English country garden.

Most reactions

Back