Went around the garden (again....)

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
I was out cooking some hamburgers on the grill so i just grabbed the camera again :)

purplespineyflowers.jpg

pinklittleflowers.jpg

purpleandyellowflowers.jpg

What do you think?

-Dan

Nice garden!!!

I wish I have one.

Anyways, here's my thing about composition...sorry if I am talking crap.

On your third picture, you want the attention to be on the nearest flower. Ok, what about others? I mean when I take a picture, I think of my subject, but I also think of the entire picture. The flower in the middle ground towards the right is half out of the picture, which bothers me. Why? See, now I just want to look at the left 2 complete flowers, and that somehow it doesn't make sense when you consider the whole frame.

What I would have done is also include the third flower, because it helps to complete the picture. Also, it being on the bottom helps to "stablize" the weightage of the picture. If you haven't realised it yet, the 3 flowers will form a upright triangle.

No I don't think there is such a rule, I just speak as I think.... damn, my brain is malfunctioning again:p

If I don't want the third flower to do anything, I will probably take the picture in another angle. Let's put it this way, you don't want anything to harm your composition.

i see what your saying there.... it's dark now but tomorrow i'll go out and play with it more, becuase i really like those flowers, especially how the yellow ones are in the background behind them :) thanks for your input!

Wll of course I like them and of course I want more DOF on the first two!

I say "Do it again, Dan!" :D

With more light you can repeat the second and then get some more DOF. Though I like it the way it is, too...

Lungfarmer said:
Nice pics!!! What are those dark blue/purple flowers? Love their coloring!

no clue, i know nothing about flowers other than they look cool haha.... i'll have to ask my mom tomorrow :)

What are those dark blue/purple flowers?

Look like petunias to me! Nice shots, I would like to see a closer shot of those flowers in the first picture. I actually kinda like the shallow DOF on the second one too...

Most reactions

Back