Went Full Frame Finally!

OK seriously do I have to ask the MOD to lock this thread??? This is getting retarded people. All I wanted to tell you people was that I got a damn full frame camera. Who gives a **** if it's NIKON CANON SONY or a homemade?? I like Canon and that's what I swear by. If you're a Nikon/Sony/Pentax guy, use what you have.

This has become another canon vs nikon thread. So please drop the whole thing here and move on forward.

MOVING FORWARD........

If you are an owner of a 5D MK2 or an equivilant camera, please share your thoughts on space it takes and replacement batteries used and if I should know any tricks when it comes. Thanks!

It's mad tight for shooting concerts.

Well, since you've PM'd me about a zillion times over the past six months, I'd like to congratulate you on getting a full-frame camera. As you know, I'm a huge fan of the 24x36 sensor size for people photography; I think it makes it much easier to use the 35mm style lenses which are the basis for d-slkr photography in the Nikon and Canon system.

Hopefully, your new Canon will not break down four times, like Village Idiot's Canon did...the one thing you'll be happy about is that you can get good subject/background isolation indoors with the FF camera in half-body and full-length people pics, which is much harder to do with an APS-C body. It's much easier to work with the FF body and the 50 and 85mm primes than it is with a 1.6x body, which constntly forces you to back up and away from your subjects when you want to show them as half-body or full-length subjects. Full-length with an 85mm and a 1.6x camera is 34.5 feet; the same framing height can be had from only 20 feet away with a FF body.

Something to keep in mind is that depth of field increased MOST rapidy with increasing distance from the camera...moving the camera from 20 feet back to 34 feet, while using an 85mm lens, makes the background on the APS-C Camera shot look much more in-focus...

Make sure you check into the 5D-II's smaller than full-sized RAW capture option...

Thanks Darrel, I'll play the hell out of it once it arrives next week before the wedding on Oct 2nd

Its getting damn near impossible for a Canon thread to exist without Derrel's ranting.. its annoying.

We get it already Derrel... Canons Suck. Repeat Canon's Suck! Now can you leave these Canon threads alone?

Sheesh... I don't even shoot with mine much anymore.

"About 85% of the trip's members were shooting with Canon gear, mostly 1Ds MKII." lol.. wonder why?

You know what sucks? Me not being able to afford the latest Canon or Nikon full frame body :)

If you don't want to spend the extra money on the Canon battery, I would recommend the house brand from Adorama. I keep one around for the trips when two batteries aren't enough and the thing lasts quite a while. I think we should start a countdown to see how long until you put a battery grip on it.

If you don't want to spend the extra money on the Canon battery, I would recommend the house brand from Adorama. I keep one around for the trips when two batteries aren't enough and the thing lasts quite a while. I think we should start a countdown to see how long until you put a battery grip on it.

Is it compatible with the battery tracking?

jew isnt even a racial slur.... someone who is jewish is a jew... am i wrong?

No, which is why I use it as a backup. I have two LP-E6s that stay in the grip but on longer trips I'll throw it in my bag knowing it will last almost as long as the Canon battery. It's worth it for the money but for a primary battery you just have to remember to recharge it. I tend to forget to charge my gear then have those embarrassing moments where I click the shutter and the camera shuts off. :blushing::mrgreen:

No, which is why I use it as a backup. I have two LP-E6s that stay in the grip but on longer trips I'll throw it in my bag knowing it will last almost as long as the Canon battery. It's worth it for the money but for a primary battery you just have to remember to recharge it. I tend to forget to charge my gear then have those embarrassing moments where I click the shutter and the camera shuts off. :blushing::mrgreen:

Wow. How long do you go without charging? I mean, I've probably went about a month on occasion, but I guess I'm only doing about 200 shots at most.

So I'm going with this for now (2 ofof them) which should work out just fine.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WE2PW8/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WE2PW8/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/ame]

As for batteries, I saw the canon costs $70. Is battery tracking that much worth it??

So I'm going with this for now (2 ofof them) which should work out just fine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WE2PW8/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

As for batteries, I saw the canon costs $70. Is battery tracking that much worth it??
Considering that the batteries were still over $100 when I bought mine I'd say yes. :D It's nice to know at a glance how much juice you have left. Nothing sucks more than having the camera shut down as you're taking a shot that can't be redone. If you really plan on taking the wedding shooting seriously you'll be taking pics for 8-12hrs straight (or longer at times). It would suck to miss "the shot" because your battery died. As far as the memory cards, I think you should have gone with the Sandisks, hopefully the transends will be fine but. . . .

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah that's true. That'd suck if it died in the middle of the shoot. I think 2 batteries should be good for now. Lets see how long they last. As for the Transcends, yes I've been using them on my T1i so far they work very well. I haven't had any errors yet and was reading a lot of good reviews on them online. I opted to go with 16 over 8

Most reactions

New Topics

Back