....went to the beach, came back with 1 shot i liked.

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Onemarshboy, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Onemarshboy

Onemarshboy TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    .....and here it is. Not your typical beach shot i guess! I really liked the colours in the wood and the metal.

To cc my own shot, i think it would work better if the bolt was in sharper focus and if the railway sleepers were running straight up to the beach hut.

What do you think and any suggestions are welcome!!

cheers

Rob

[​IMG]

2. pbelarge

pbelarge TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Onemarshboy

A lower angle to the shot would have added a little more drama to the image and helped toward having the rail line head towards the shed.

I like the diffferent beach type shot.

3. R.D.

R.D. TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like it, I also agree with the bolt being a bit sharper focus.. The background almost seemed distracting to me because I was so curious of how it looked.. maybe some shots with the hut, I don't know..

still looked good bud

cheers.

4. bentcountershaft

bentcountershaft Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm with pbelarge, being a little lower would help exaggerate that line but I also like how the post doesn't go all the way to the top of the frame. To me it's perfectly positioned. I think if you backed up from where you were (if possible of course) and lowered you could pull both of those off. The background is only slightly distracting but may be less so if it was black and white. Maybe not. I love the color of the post and rail but the blue tends to draw the eye. Overall I like it though.

Oh, one other thing. If pulling back and going lower introduces a bright sky to the image I would say forget it and stick with this one. My suggestion only stands if the tree line is tall enough to block out the sky. I don't think you want to introduce a bold horizontal line to the top of the image.

5. Onemarshboy

Onemarshboy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks for the comments guys - sounds like it's one of those shots that....kinda works but there's sort of something that could be done to improve it!!

it would have been possible for me to back up.....and lower my position. I can certainly try it and post the results next time i'm at the location. cheers.