Went to the beach yesterday...

WesVFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wesvfx.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was a beautiful day! I think I'm really starting to get used to this camera being my first SLR. I noticed the more I shot and played around with it the faster my reaction time improved when needing to take that "quick" spur of the moment shot... lemme know what you guys think :)

img2635n.jpg

img2648m.jpg

img2670.jpg

bordwalk2.jpg

Last edited:
great job, i really like the 4th one the most, nice lighting, maybe a *bit* too dark, but not overdone either, so gj!

1 is a bit too saturated IMO, but great pictures overall again, a nice set!

love #4.. #2 as well, but i may have cropped it a bit so that the guys is a bit more visible and not so centered...

thanks for the CC guys!! Every little opinion and recommendation helps me a ton!

wish I could have "zoomed in" more on the surfer, but my 1 damn lens I have kinda limits me on that :(

then on top of that I realized when I uploaded these I had my friggin camera settings on Low JPG when shooting, so cropping isn't really an option... oh well, like I said I'm learning, so a few mistakes here and there are going to happen, but it'll help me improve in the long run so...

The first 2 are good shots, but I found the last 2 the most interesting. I really like #3! I always enjoy shots that use things that you don't have to manipulate to be interesting (like the carvings), and the DOF is a great effect.

How did you get the sun to look like that in the 4th shot? Is that done in PP??

-tim

The first 2 are good shots, but I found the last 2 the most interesting. I really like #3! I always enjoy shots that use things that you don't have to manipulate to be interesting (like the carvings), and the DOF is a great effect.

How did you get the sun to look like that in the 4th shot? Is that done in PP??

-tim

Hi Tim. Actually the sun was like that in the original.

My settings were...

F/20, 1/200, ISO=400

at those settings with the aperture closed so much, plus a semi-fast shutter speed, with a low ISO during the middle of the day with a lot of light, the sun actually comes out quite nicely...

I took about 4-5 shots before I felt like I got it right... Here's the original before PP

img2628k.jpg

Last edited:
I love the third one! What setting do you use to get the image so clear up front and then every thing else hazed? I am new to all of this I have taken pictures for a long time put this is my first SLR! Any advice would be great!:blushing:

Wow, it sure is a great shot. Did you use a filter or anything?

Thanks Tim :)

just a basic $10 UV filter... which i'm not even sure if it does anything photo wise. I use it to protect my lens...

I love the third one! What setting do you use to get the image so clear up front and then every thing else hazed? I am new to all of this I have taken pictures for a long time put this is my first SLR! Any advice would be great!:blushing:

f/5.6
1/800
ISO = 100

my f-stop is what enabled me to keep everything up front in focus and everything behind in blur...

check this tutorial out... scroll to the bottom ;)

A Beginner's Guide to Simple Photography Concepts: ISO, Aperture, and Shutter Speed - Tutorials

some said, camera doesn't make a good picture.
a photographer makes a good picture.

u got good pictures.
i like the 2, 3, and 6 very much.

very natural colors and textures.

number 6
what an angle u choose

thanks very much guys! :)

Shahhossain, I'm guessing you mean #4... yea that angle came out quite well. It's got a little bit of everything in it... :)

thanks very much guys! :)

Shahhossain, I'm guessing you mean #4... yea that angle came out quite well. It's got a little bit of everything in it... :)

oopsss!! sorry. i was talking about # 4. tnx .
u r right. u got a little bit of everything in it.
sun shining (big star), clouds immigrating somewhere, peoples looking at the see, lampposts seem lit, the nails head on the wooden path and the feel of silhouette. nice shot. giv us more.

Most reactions

Back