Went to the park tonight C&C please.

ShutterSpeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Teresina, Brazil otherwise known as the End of the
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1. I have a thing about shooting park benches. They're interesting to me, I guess.
GulleyParkJan1_30.jpg

2.This one was not really planned at all. I was just playing with the shutter speed and seeing what I could make it look like with me moving in the shot.
GulleyParkJan1_35.jpg

3.Since my many attempts to get stary shots were ruined by street lights, I figured this would be the best looking thing I could do.
GulleyParkJan1_38.jpg

4.This was harder to get than it looks. There was only very little and ugly lighting in a fenced off area of the park, that just happened to have some water running through it. My lighting technique was a bit unorthodox and unusual.
GulleyParkJan1_44.jpg

what was the lighting technique for the water shot

love 2 and 4

what was the lighting technique for the water shot

love 2 and 4

I took a high powered, LED flashlight...and set the exposure on my Nikon for 30 seconds with a somewhat closed aperture. while the picture was exposing, I shined the flashlight into interesting areas of the water for a few seconds in each location until the exposure finished.

It took me a few tries to get the composition the way I wanted it and the lighting how I wanted it.

Then in post, i battled with orange/yellow street lights that made the water look almost blood red.

thats crazy great shot man i might try that technique

Awesome shots, and creative technique to capture the water...Great work.

The light painting on the stream is great. Good idea for sure. The park bench has an almost HDR feel to it.

The light painting on the stream is great. Good idea for sure. The park bench has an almost HDR feel to it.

The original color of that park bench is nowhere near that. It took massive editing to fix. City lights are horrible for photography (what were those city managers thinking?)

so, in a sense, its almost HDR.

The original color of that park bench is nowhere near that. It took massive editing to fix. City lights are horrible for photography (what were those city managers thinking?)

so, in a sense, its almost HDR.

That would be a good opportunity to play around with your white balance and see what results you can get. Or even try a filtered B&W edit. I am sure PS has a way to do it but the easiest way I have found so far is in Picasa.

Just wanted to add that I love the water shot, thanks for sharing the technique!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back