West Coast Sunset.....

Johno

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
SeagullA.jpg

Sunset before a big system moved in. Cox Bay, Tofino, British Columbia. I know the shadows are a little inky but I thought the waves of thin cloud across the sun was cool. Comments?? Constuctive criticism? I'm just starting out with SLR photography so any help is welcome.

SImply beautiful! I agree.. The seagull does make this photo POP! Lovely job Its breathtaking

great shot! love the exposure and detail on the foreground... the bird really does make the shot
thanks for sharing :d

Really nice shot, and I too love the way you got the bird in the reflected sun. Well done.

JEazy said:
lucky shot.
If by lucky you mean in the right place at the right time, then yes.

Wonderful photo. The seagul makes the image.

I kind of wish I had composed it a little differently now that I'm home. Anyone else find it a little...... "simple" ?

Maybe you find it a bit "simple" yourself, Johno, because everything of interest - sun, seagull, horizon, reflections - is in the centre of your frame. Maybe you are now visualising a frame where things are a bit off centre? For often that is what gives a photo some impact ... though I must say that a sunset like this, with the seagull placed where it is (!) and lovely reflections as you got them here have an impact of their own.

LaFoto said:
Maybe you find it a bit "simple" yourself, Johno, because everything of interest - sun, seagull, horizon, reflections - is in the centre of your frame. Maybe you are now visualising a frame where things are a bit off centre? For often that is what gives a photo some impact ... though I must say that a sunset like this, with the seagull placed where it is (!) and lovely reflections as you got them here have an impact of their own.
well put, I never quite looked at it that way! Thanks.

Most reactions

Back