Westcoast Roadtrip C&C Please :)

Your going to have a hard time getting C&C with only links to your pictures. Look at this thread HERE on guidelines to posting pictures.

The numbering may be different... so lets just go with this posts numbering.

_-10-2.jpg

_-13.jpg

_-16.jpg

_-4-2-1.jpg

_-43.jpg

I really like #2. Also like #5 with Morrow bay rock in the background. You have a very good eye for composition.

-Andy

#1 Feels soft too me, my eye simply does not know which girl is the true focal point of the image.

#2 With its cropped composition and significant amounts of copy space this one has some potential as a lifestyle stock image. It may have been better to still have all the model in the frame but at least she is facing into the frame to lead the viewer to the potential ad copy and if placed on an even number page the crop would be in the binding of the publication.

#3 Had a lot of potential as a stock shot as well but the execution just misses the mark. There is not nearly enough light and detail in the girls faces to make it a lifestyle shot and there is too much light on the girls to make an effective silhouette and to me this shot has to be one or the other and instead it landed right in the middle.

#4 The bright colored background is fantastic and the center girl has a great smile and is full of life but the straight up and down, square shoulder poses of all the girls gives this the feel of a mugshot. Like the girls where standing there talking and all of a sudden you shouted hey girls and they turned around and you shot.

#5 Nicely captured image, very dramatic and could have great potential as a print or as stock. While it is not a huge distraction the missing bit of foot is sad, especially considering that you had ample head room to pull the composition down a bit to include the last of the foot and ground the model in the shot.As an art print it probably won't really hurt the shot, for a more commercial application it could be a bit more problematic.

Overall I would say that #2 is the best of the bunch and my personal favorite of the 5

Bad andy.. Thanks! Except #5 is haystack rock at canon beach in oregon. Beautiful place!

Vegas... Wow! such great feedback! Thank you so much. I will definitely take your advice into account. I live in Canada... how would I go about selling to stock photography if i wanted to?

Most reactions

Back