Wet Pink

kenny44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This was a photo I took for my girlfriends birthday card, but decided to get it framed as a 8x12 print :)

Canon EOS 300D

flower.jpg

Can't critique this - the sun's moving round and despite my blinds I'm getting a glare onto my monitor... but right now the colours are a bit strong and tend to hurt my eyes. And personally I don't like the red and this pink together, but that's a personal thing only.

yeah very bright colors. But great DOF and I enjoy the drops of water on the petals. I think that it can be a great gift :)

LaFoto said:
Can't critique this - the sun's moving round and despite my blinds I'm getting a glare onto my monitor... but right now the colours are a bit strong and tend to hurt my eyes. And personally I don't like the red and this pink together, but that's a personal thing only.

it must be a personal thing. because that picture is amazing.

great focus, very vibrant, its just wonderful.

Now at night time, without the glare of sunlight on my screen, my opinion about this photo is all different, for now I can see it properly. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut some 12 hours ago, for I really could not see it properly. The red was absolutely overpowering at the time, and it no longer is now. Now I can see detail, can tell there's also a slightly pinkish part in the top of the petal (that was absolutely invisible to me this morning) and can overall appreciate this photo much much more.
And yes, it makes a wonderful Valentine Card!

Thanks for the comments guys.

I really tried to "grunty up" the reds/pinks - to get it looking as vivid as possible. It's worked quite nicely by the sounds of it, although I can see how some may think it is a little over the top.

Anyway keep the comments coming if anyone has any more - they are much appreciated!

Cheers,
Ken

Most reactions

Back