whadaya think?

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, I know that technically this isn't the right forum for these, but I'm being honest, so do I get points for that?

I just wanted to show off my prowess with Photoshop. Feedback on how good I did is always appreciated :)

BEFORE:

IMG_0535-before.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_0535-after.jpg

the flag removal is flawless from what i can see, seems you turned up the contrast or something? makes the other flag look fake, and the stop sign stands out too much, great work on that flag though.

the flag removal is flawless from what i can see, seems you turned up the contrast or something?

I agree! The flag removal is flawless! :wink: Maybe if you also increase the contrast of the overall photo, it might help? It might depend on what you're going for. I'm sorry I'm not sure because I'm not good at judging or doing photoshop.

Thanks. The exercise was really just to remove the one flag (not that I wanted to get rid of the US flag, it was just not flying in the wind properly--this should not be seen as a political statement).

I did the autofix on the Maryland flag, the road lines, and the stop sign. that was just for fun. I don't really like it either. But I really like the sky's color or whatever...reminds me of armaggedon (SP) or something. that is actually why I like the picture.

I will probably play some more with it, but as I said the real point was to try to get rid of the flag.

Thanks again.

JonMikal said:
i don't see any difference in the two

Are you kidding? If you can't see that there are 2 flags in the first and only 1 in the second, there's a serious problem! The question is: is the problem with the Forum or with the JonMikal?

jocose said:
Are you kidding? If you can't see that there are 2 flags in the first and only 1 in the second, there's a serious problem! The question is: is the problem with the Forum or with the JonMikal?
this, more than likely :mrgreen:

was this shot at the naval academy?

jocose said:
Thanks. The exercise was really just to remove the one flag (not that I wanted to get rid of the US flag, it was just not flying in the wind properly--this should not be seen as a political statement).

I did the autofix on the Maryland flag, the road lines, and the stop sign. that was just for fun. I don't really like it either. But I really like the sky's color or whatever...reminds me of armaggedon (SP) or something. that is actually why I like the picture.

I will probably play some more with it, but as I said the real point was to try to get rid of the flag.

Thanks again.
Then you were definitely successful. I would have removed the stop sign, too. By saturating the color it's a bit distracting. But the other flag works well, and overall I'd say you accomplished what you were after. :thumbup:

OK, so dumbass me seems to have deleted the PSD file. So, let me ask you nice people. Do you think the picture is worth my trying again or should I just move on to other pics.

I know that this is an opinion and that ultimately it's up to me if I like the pic, so we can skip all the caveats. Just let me know your opinion if the shot is good enough to try again.

Thanks.

Most reactions

Back