whaddya think c&c

kenwood72

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
two pics, first one I tried to get the movement affect with the MAX behind it. Second a portrait on my patio. thanks for your help!!

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

I think the chair is slightly more focused than the girl?

C&C per req:
1. Don't much like this one to be honest. While I understand what you were trying to achieve, it didn't, IMHO quite work. The reflection from the ride is very distracting, and the pose and expression of the girl are forced, as well as her skin being slightly warmer than it should be I think.

2. I really like this one; good casual composition, good lighting, and nice expression, but as mentioned, the point of focus doesn't seem to be quite right.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

C&C per req:
1. Don't much like this one to be honest. While I understand what you were trying to achieve, it didn't, IMHO quite work. The reflection from the ride is very distracting, and the pose and expression of the girl are forced, as well as her skin being slightly warmer than it should be I think.

2. I really like this one; good casual composition, good lighting, and nice expression, but as mentioned, the point of focus doesn't seem to be quite right.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

i am working on my "models" pose and expression but this is the stage we are at:lmao: looking at it as you all have pointed out the blur is distracting, maybe if I was closer to her it would not be.

I do see the focus point beong off for #2 and the color off a bit, I wil say this is before I bought UNDERSTANDING EXPOSURE so from now on I will expect perfection!!

why are they off? is this the result of my settings be wrong? how would I correct that?

:lol: Seems like this understanding exposure is like the new photography bible or something.

Both are underexposed.
Pay your models more to smile more naturally.
Agree as above: the 'thing' in the background is distracting and detracts from the casual portrait of the girl.
*Be careful with that purple balloon - in this day and age of child protection, some might think it is a tad 'suggestive'*
Pic 2
The chair is in focus as mentioned.
Also you severed her right hand

It is. Come on toof, drink the punch it'll make your pictures go wild! :mrgreen:

I did not even see that but that is because they are my kids, I have the same type of humor and had these been YOUR kids I would have said the same.....the ballon was a sad attempt by a clown to make a monkey, it unraveled in Norstroms and went downhill from there.......:lmao:

thanks for the critique, truly helpful.

question on WB though, I thought i had changed it to shade on my camera, are the camera settings not perfect?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back