What a creepy morning

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at my desk having my cup of coffee and I looked out the window and noticed how the lighting was unusual this morning with the dense low fog but clouds were above the fog enough to see. It really was kind of creepy, like something from a classic horror flick. Perfect for this time of the year!

Now that I'm writing this and thinking about it, I probably should've have grabbed my tripod and done some long exposures. I'm just going to go ahead not blame it on being lazy but the fact that coffee just didn't kick in yet.

Erwin-171025-16798-Pano.jpg

I'm curious - what would the long exposure get you that this one didn't?

what would the long exposure get you that this one didn't?
My guess would be cloud movement?

Yeah, having the cloud movement would be an added dynamic.

However, I did fail to mention that I wasn't too lazy because this is a panoramic image of 7 frame stitched together. It really does look different than a single frame because when you shoot an ultra wide angle lens..such as my 20mm vertically and stitch them together it pushes the center of the frame away and really stretches out the sky and foreground. I don't know, but I love the effect it gives me. It's fun to experiment.

what would the long exposure get you that this one didn't?
My guess would be cloud movement?

Yeah, having the cloud movement would be an added dynamic.

However, I did fail to mention that I wasn't too lazy because this is a panoramic image of 7 frame stitched together. It really does look different than a single frame because when you shoot an ultra wide angle lens..such as my 20mm vertically and stitch them together it pushes the center of the frame away and really stretches out the sky and foreground. I don't know, but I love the effect it gives me. It's fun to experiment.

Hmm, I guess I would have to see it to really be able to compare, but honestly, I think it's better without the cloud movement. At least to convey a "creepy" feeling. The stillness of the photo sets that mood better than movement would.

The cloud movement would certainly add a visual element and complexity, and I'm sure it would have looked pretty cool, but it would just be a different kind of picture, imo. Which is fine, of course. :)

Nice image. I'm thinking with a longer exposure you may have got the fog to be more prominent between the trees giving it a more eerie effect?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back